just got he exam paper today, and we have to do a project on the theme "barriers"

can anyone think of anything music wise that would fit into that? i want to draw instruments but i've yet to see how they would fit in with the barriers theme

i dont want to be stuck drawing walls or something stupid

EDIT: we HAVE to do our project on barriers...it sucks
Last edited by griffRG7321 at Feb 5, 2008,
Why not just pick one of the other questions?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Barriers, walls...

IF i had to write a song about that, it would be like heavy but stoppy, like its constricted by barriers. think messhugah like a bricl wall in your face i dunno lol

its personal
metal is a collection of everything musical!!!!
You could do the sound barrier? Or the barriers between different genres, like rap versus rock or whatnot. The examiners will love if you think outside the box like that, I did GCSE Art last year. Our topic was house and home
Real men don't need sigs.
The purpose of a barrier is too block or stop something, to set limits. An example of a barrier would be a large peice of plastic stopping people from entering a certain area or the pegs on a guitar, holding strings to a specific position.
You can take that to loads of different things with music, just show that you have experimented with ideas and show all conncections with everything you come up with, good luck.
You could try to do writers block, that's a barrier.

Or something cheesy like looking at a pretty girl...holding the hand of her boyfriend. You could even just show her and have his arm coming off the side of the canvas to make it seem like he's not important, just the barrier he represents.

Or a wide open strawberry field being picked by migrant workers, and there's a pitifully tiny fence around it to show that the barrier isn't the fence, but the system that the fields represent. And if you wanted to continue the theme, you could show them sneaking under the border fence to show how the bigger fence isn't as much of an obstacle as the smaller one.

Just ideas...
I got a C in GCSE Art, was delighted cause I'm rubbish at it

We didn't get a topic for our final exam, just painted some random crap.
Rob Schneider is... Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb! Rated PG-13.
Quote by AvengedThrice
True that. True that.
Methinks you pwned the thread dude.

Member number 8 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Starscream
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
Wait, what year are you guys in? I'm in Year 10 and I haven't heard anything about this, at the moment we're working on a monster piece of coursework. You must be in Year 11.

I'm not too sure about that theme, I, being a war nut, would have drawn a scene of a military checkpoint, or in a prison camp, or in the ghettos. All filled with barriers.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Pink floyd the wall?? Draw the origional live setup, the wall between the sound a the audience.
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
OMG im doing exactly the same progect on barriers as you lmao!

im doin mine on body language being a barrier and mp3 players being a barrier cos ure shutting yourself out from everything else lol
Is that all you can do, barriers?

There aren't any other questions?

**** art.
NOPE.
Why do you HAVE to do it on barriers? Theres normally a choice of questions, so there's nothing stopping you doing the other questions.

Don't automatically think of instruments.
Think of barriers, mind-map it all out. You have to keep your work relevant.

however, the Pink Floyd suggestion is a good one. If not, pick the good old war theme. Theres always plenty on barriers.
Don't limit yourself to instruments, look at the guy who covered things in sheets (can't remember his name) and glass etc. I think it would actually be quite a fun topic.

I chose the time question last year, although my exam peice pushed my overall grade up to an A, I think there was tons more I could've done if I had bothered.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

My art class got the exam papers yesterday, but me being the insomniac I am didn't get to sleep until gona 7am... To have my alarm go off at 7:30 >_>
I have to wait until tomorrow to find out whats on it.
However, when my class was told when we would be getting the papers, my teacher said that someone would be delivering them and would come down one of the main roads. My friend who sits next to me blurted out the funniest thing of "He's stuck in traffic", and epic lulz ensued
Quote by li-ham-sandwich

im doin mine on body language being a barrier and mp3 players being a barrier cos ure shutting yourself out from everything else lol

My friend is doing it too.
He draws ipods in all his work.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
Yngwie Malmsteen used to practice 8 hours a day, and when Alex went to parties Eddie Van Halen would sit on his bed practicing until Alex came home again.

So yeah...
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by li-ham-sandwich

What exactly makes you 'lol' when you think about people being anti-social with the use of mp3 players? Do you even actually look for some form of comedy before you hit 'lol' or do you do it for the sake of it?
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Well, If I had the question of barriers, I'd probably look at boundaries. Boundaries between right and wrong, past and future, love and hate, perhaps between acceptable and unacceptable. Try looking at early gothic artists- gothic art and literature is about boundaries and barriers.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I got my paper today, turned out it it was totally different and we had a variety of questions to choose from, one being musical instruments . Now i just need some graphic artists that go with the topic, should be tricky.
Barriers=walls=draw something Pink Floyd "The wall" related hahaha.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Memories. I spent the entire two years doing jack ****, then with a month to go I filled in my sketchbooks with various drawings of fruit and veggies...my final piece was a drawn picture on A3 apaper of the Abbey Road album cover but replacing the Beatles with fruit. I coloured it in with crayon ...

Got a B.

You lay me down as I go to the store
Sorrow ate me, I'm not me anymore
Play these heavens one more time
I'm not yours and I'm not mine

When you hear music after it's over, it's gone in the air.
You can never capture it again.