Ok so me and my friend are starting a band. We're bothe guitarists, songwriters, and learning screamers...but we need a bassist and a drummer. Now @ our skl theres a couple of both that would work, and i need some advice on which drummer to choose. First one has been playing for 9 months but his drumset is in another location, so as u can imagine hes not so amazing, and hes not very passionate. Now the second drummer, who is a much better drummer, is a nice guy, but doesnt seem like he would cooperate easily...so better drummer or not so good drummer whos more reliable?
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
Quote by aaron00lee
Ok so me and my friend are starting a band. We're bothe guitarists, songwriters, and learning screamers...but we need a bassist and a drummer. Now @ our skl theres a couple of both that would work, and i need some advice on which drummer to choose. First one has been playing for 9 months but his drumset is in another location, so as u can imagine hes not so amazing, and hes not very passionate. Now the second drummer, who is a much better drummer, is a nice guy, but doesnt seem like he would cooperate easily...so better drummer or not so good drummer whos more reliable?

go for the good one, say its valuable experiance.
In my last band none of us cooperated well but we got by because we went by what the majority wanted
egh, hard to say, if one wouldnt cooperate easily, then it'd make it a little difficult, but you need a dedicated drummer who wont blow off practices or just quit, so personally i'd choose the 2nd one, because he's more talented and most importantly passionate about drumming and hopefully about being in the band, but its up to you man
I breathe air.
Try the better one, if he doesn't co operate (how do you know if he will?) then try the other guy =/