yup, they shouldnt be too expensive, even if it isnt wireless make sure you get a laser mouse, about 1000000000x better than the little ball ones
Not all wireless mice hold the same quality. I have one from logitech and it works great, though.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
No Wireless are crap..
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Yeah they're pretty cool. Only problem I have is with the batteries. Always need changing and it's really annoying. Especially when we don't have any.
no get wired, wireless are crap, they lag and batteries can cut off at any undesired moment.
gear:
Gibson Sg special faded
esp/ltd v-250
some dodgy russian acoustic (accord or something)
marshall valvestate 8080 w/foot switch
marshall mg 10cd
boss ds-2
behringer eq700
morley bad horsie 2
Quote by ledcaveman
no get wired, wireless are crap, they lag and batteries can cut off at any undesired moment.

you were looking at the dodgy things wernt you
If you're going to go wireless, I recommend the rechargeable ones. I had a wireless Logitech mouse for a while that worked great but it ate AA batteries.
Hi, I'm Peter
It really depends on the brand. Some are fantastic, some are junk. I've got one that works fantastically.

If you get one just make sure to get some rechargable batteries for it to keep yourself from wasting money on replacing the batteries all the time.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
never had a problem with wireless and i would recomend it for a laptop

go with logitech

bateries are hardly an issue either
they call og or nothing at all!!
Quote by musicianamedave
It really depends on the brand. Some are fantastic, some are junk. I've got one that works fantastically.

If you get one just make sure to get some rechargable batteries for it to keep yourself from wasting money on replacing the batteries all the time.

my dad works for an electricians, batterys are mere pennes. not a prob https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=12681044#
Batteries might be pennies but it's still incredibly wasteful and annoying.
Hi, I'm Peter
Wireless are good, but the batteries are a pain. I prefer wired mice only because I've had my previous wireless mice die during too many gaming sessions.

If you still want one, look at Logitech. If you like smaller profile, lighter mice, then look at Razer.

Also, go for LASER, not optical. The improvement is drastic.
I had a pretty good one, but now I have a super duper gaming mouse, which is great for photoshop and games (obviously). It's wired, wireless lag quite a lot, and it's a 3G laser or something. I hated the wireless batteries running out so often. If you are a basic sort of user (no photo editing, gaming etc) buy one with a dock, which charges it while you aren't using it. The amount my wired mouse will save because I don't have to buy batteries all the time is great.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Batteries might be pennies but it's still incredibly wasteful and annoying.

Exactly. Even if they are cheap, it's still harmful to the environment to be throwing out a pair of batteries every week or so (depending on how long of a battery life your mouse has and how often you use the computer). You can get some rechargable batteries and they'll more than likely outlast the actual mouse.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
its 2008......who the hell uses a wired mouse for a laptop?

i can also have the option to use my mouse as wired via usb, thats how it charges too
I personally prefer wired things over wireless. The mouse I have right now (my dad insisted on installing it, yuck) is wireless and it seriously slurps battery power. Not that they're THAT expensive, but it's just a pain in the ass to have to change them that often.
Quote by sowhat360

i can also have the option to use my mouse as wired via usb, thats how it charges too

Me

Quote by sowhat360

Yeah.

A rechargeable laser mouse is definitely worth buying. Mine is plenty reliable. To Hell with the ones that take AA batteries.
After trying out out a few wireless mouses, they have a few issues.

-They are flimsy. I have owned 2 wireless mice, the first one broke and the second one makes a rattling noise when you shake it.

-Reliance on battery power sucks. I hate when it runs out while you are using it, although they have a battery life of around a month.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by Kensai
Not all wireless mice hold the same quality.

Right you are about that kensai! Too bad people are too stupid to realize it...

I've got a logitech (like I said) mouse, an MX610 and it works wonders. I never have connection or unreliability issues and the batteries last weeks.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by musicianamedave
Exactly. Even if they are cheap, it's still harmful to the environment to be throwing out a pair of batteries every week or so (depending on how long of a battery life your mouse has and how often you use the computer). You can get some rechargable batteries and they'll more than likely outlast the actual mouse.

Dude, every week is a SLIGHT exaggeration don't you think? My mum, dad and sister each have their own laptop with a wireless mouse, along with me, the batteries lasting months at a time.
I had a wireless mouse. They are not good at all. They run out of batteries very regularly. Most of them you can't turn off so even when you're not using you computer it's eating up power, to light the red optical LED. There's no point, it's not as if you really need to go long distance to control your laptop, it's already portable and you can't see what you're doing from that far away anyway. It was a logitech mouse too, came with my wireless keyboard as a set, so it's not as if it was a cheap crap wireless mouse.

Wireless keyboards on the other hand own. I had mine for many many years, had to change the batteries once. (well twice, the first time I thought they were dead but after changing the batteries I realised it was just the sensor that wasn't receiving signal because it fell down the back of my desk) They're good for saving space, when I want to use my desk I can just put my keyboard aside. Doesn't really matter on a laptop, but I hate laptop keyboards.

EDIT:
Though I have never tried a mouse with a rechargeable base. They might be alright.
I have a wireless mouse made by Microsoft and it's great. It's not laggy at all, and batteries aren't an issue. I've had the same pair of batteries in this one for 4 months now. It's an optical, and you can turn it off when you're not using it by putting the USB receiver in the mouse. Cheap too. You should check um out.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
I bought a wireless mouse when I bought my laptop.

*looks at mouse*
*looks at touchpad on laptop 2 inches away*

In retrospect I should have saved 30 bucks.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by Kensai
Right you are about that kensai! Too bad people are too stupid to realize it...

I've got a logitech (like I said) mouse, an MX610 and it works wonders. I never have connection or unreliability issues and the batteries last weeks.

I have a Microsoft one, and the batteries have been in there for... 3 1/2 months now.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I have a Microsoft one, and the batteries have been in there for... 3 1/2 months now.

My mice batteries used to last ~3 months. That's awful IMO, really annoying when you run out of batteries, especially if you don't have any replacements.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
My mice batteries used to last ~3 months. That's awful IMO, really annoying when you run out of batteries, especially if you don't have any replacements.

The box for my mouse said 9 months constant use, I think... it was a fair amount.