How do i hook up me pedal through the effects loop. do i need three cords or two? Cuase for some reason i thought i need both ends of the pedal in the effects loop and then my bass plugged into the input. So i think im wrong, but can anyone tell me how?

Thanks. Micah
Gear
Ibanez SR400QM
Squier P-Bass
Fender Rumble 100 2x10
Concertmate-990 Keyboard
BBE Stomp Sonic Maximizer
Squier Stratocaster
Fender 15w Guitar Amp
You plug your bass into the normal input on your amp, then plug one cable into the "effects send" jack to your pedal input, then from your pedal output you need a lead going from it to the "effects return" jack on the amp and you're all hooked up.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
So I need 3 cables?
Gear
Ibanez SR400QM
Squier P-Bass
Fender Rumble 100 2x10
Concertmate-990 Keyboard
Squier Stratocaster
Fender 15w Guitar Amp
If you have one pedal, you don't need to use the loop, just run it instrument-->pedal-->amp. If you really want to for some reason, to use the effects loop you run your instrument straight into the amp, use the send jack of the loop to the input of your pedal, run the output of your pedal to the input of your loop.

So: using effects loop, three cables; not using effects loop, two cables.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Yea I dont need to but i heard some pedals sound better in the effects loop. like in the manual it said it may sound better in my effects loop. bUT THANKS FOR THE HELP :]
Gear
Ibanez SR400QM
Squier P-Bass
Fender Rumble 100 2x10
Concertmate-990 Keyboard
Squier Stratocaster
Fender 15w Guitar Amp
Though, judging from his sig, he should run his sonic maximiser post EQ. Can you tell us f any othr pedals you have, so we can check if they go pre or post EQ.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
No just what's in my sig. But i heard that i should run it pre EQ. problem is i cant test it cause i have only two cables
Gear
Ibanez SR400QM
Squier P-Bass
Fender Rumble 100 2x10
Concertmate-990 Keyboard
Squier Stratocaster
Fender 15w Guitar Amp
It's strange... the manual for the Sonic Stomp says that it's best before the EQ, but works just fine at the end of the effects loop as well. I guess it doesn't matter. If you're going to set up an effects loop, you might as well put the BBE in the effects loop - although I doubt EQing will futz up with the phase correction.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
yeah EQ pedals generally sound better in the effects loop. but it al depend: do you want a 7 band EQ for your bass? or a 7 band EQ or your amp?

Edit:
just saw that it was for the sonic maximizer. i would defenently recomend putting it in the FX loop.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E