Poll: Favourite Top Gear Presenter.
Poll Options
View poll results: Favourite Top Gear Presenter.
Jeremy Clarkson
70 40%
James May
65 37%
Richard Hammon
40 23%
Voters: 175.
Page 1 of 2
I'm watching Top Gear now - it;s the one where they have to build a kit-car before the Stig drives up to the racetrack in Scotland - and I was wondering who everybody'd favourite presenter is.

I personally find James May the best, he's so wonderfully understated and English. He has a great dry and subtle sense of humour. I do enjoy Jeremy hugely, he's perfectly right wing and unPC, nearly all of his views I agree with - but after a while he becomes a bit of an abrasive loudmouth - but that's because I watch two hours of Top Gear a day. Hammond is great fun, too. I like how he is usually rather quiet, but his Small Man syndrome hurtles out violently at Jeremy - which is always hilarious.

Who is your favourite presenter, I'm not including the Stig, before you ask, because he'll get all the votes just because he's the Stig.

Also, let's boycott the up and coming US Top Gear abomination.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I voted Clarkson. His jokes are pretty funny.
Quote by Zakkmann

that's a weird species. much weirder than, say, the Platypus or the Emo. i wonder what would happen if you cross bred an emo and a platypus. you'd get an emopus or a platyemo.... FFS! that still wouldn't out weird the female species
may
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
'Nine out of ten people actually enjoy gang rape.'
Clarkson, james is a nerd and hamster gets his teeth whitened lol
Manchester United
Quote by freddaahh
I'm watching Top Gear now - it;s the one where they have to build a kit-car before the Stig drives up to the racetrack in Scotland - and I was wondering who everybody'd favourite presenter is.

I personally find James May the best, he's so wonderfully understated and English. He has a great dry and subtle sense of humour. I do enjoy Jeremy hugely, he's perfectly right wing and unPC, nearly all of his views I agree with - but after a while he becomes a bit of an abrasive loudmouth - but that's because I watch two hours of Top Gear a day. Hammond is great fun, too. I like how he is usually rather quiet, but his Small Man syndrome hurtles out violently at Jeremy - which is always hilarious.

Who is your favourite presenter, I'm not including the Stig, before you ask, because he'll get all the votes just because he's the Stig.

Also, let's boycott the up and coming US Top Gear abomination

Seriously?

Who's presenting that?

Quote by ibikinz
i dont watch that programme but Markus.

Clearly you don't watch it.
Funny words.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
Seriously?

Who's presenting that?

An overly typical group of all American retards. A pro drag racer who has regular stories of crashing at 230mph - sounds like a lame stereotype who really tries to hardcore and un PC. An overly enthusiastic jock who has an IQ of 60, probably a token black guy and I've forgotten the third - probably a hot girl who knows **** all about cars, I mean yeah she's hot, but she knows nothing about cars, which will also end up making Top Gear politically correct and afraid of being a manly prgramme.

Also, they'll make it a platform for Ford and General Motors - ignoring European cars, and just marketing the main US cars.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
An overly typical group of all American retards. A pro drag racer who has regular stories of crashing at 230mph - sounds like a lame stereotype who really tries to hardcore and un PC. An overly enthusiastic jock who has an IQ of 60, probably a token black guy and I've forgotten the third - probably a hot girl who knows **** all about cars, I mean yeah she's hot, but she knows nothing about cars, which will also end up making Top Gear politically correct and afraid of being a manly prgramme.

Also, they'll make it a platform for Ford and General Motors - ignoring European cars, and just marketing the main US cars.

Most of that I agree with...but isn't that last part the same thing TG already does, but in reverse? I mean seriously...very few american-made cars get good reviews on TG, and they're always paired with cars costing 2, 3, or 4 times as much as them. Heck, they even went so far as to buy a Lightning for the F-150 review...not a typical truck by any means....and then proceeded to sabotage the interior. WTF? TG is a great show, don't get me wrong...but not a definitive source of info by any means.

James, BTW.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Feb 5, 2008,
Hamster <3

Although after that it's May.

I can't beleive they're bringing out a US version. Thats just wrong....
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Jeremy, for sure.

Followed by Richard and then James.

I'm not saying I don't like James, he's a fantastic presenter, but the other two have more personality. James evens things out, though. If James wasn't there, it would be a MUCH more tense show, because Richard and Jeremy wouldn't have someone to laugh at all the time.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
May ftw
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
clarkson...for same reason as lefthandman9876

(if it had been 5th gear i would have said vicki, i don't know why but i really like her)
Danelectro '59 DC

Amplitube 3

Aaand my superlux headphones
James May. He's such a British gent, in a good way. He's also very funny in such a subtle way. Then Hammond, and I don't really like Jeremy, he is funny but I find him very annoying after about five minutes, and his ego is far too big for himself.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by Mutant Corn
Most of that I agree with...but isn't that last part the same thing TG already does, but in reverse? I mean seriously...very few american-made cars get good reviews on TG, and they're always paired with cars costing 2, 3, or 4 times as much as them. Heck, they even went so far as to buy a Lightning for the F-150 review...not a typical truck by any means....and then proceeded to sabotage the interior. WTF? TG is a great show, don't get me wrong...but not a definitive source of info by any means.

James, BTW.

Ford Focus got car of the year...

And Jezza, also because his books are hilarious
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Quote by freddaahh
but that's because I watch two hours of Top Gear a day.

Woah! cut down man, thats quite a habit you've got there.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
your speaker is not broken in?

if i where you, i wouldnt play through it until it is
Hammond, cos i feel sorry for him cos they're all taller than him and also he nearly got decapitated by a rocket car doing 300mph....
Clarkson. Hell! He wants global warming to happen! And he has the funniest arguments with hammon
Captain slow ftw.
Hmmmm... Pie.

Quote by tryandstopme
i think your cereal is rather gay sir.

Quote by ibanez for life

Quote by Haha, Crackhead

This thread just screams,"Hey! Look at me!! I illegally download thousands of gigs of music!!!"

and what exactly does your username scream...?
Clarkson, May then hammond. I dont like hammond as much because he's in every gossip magazine.

The Stig is great too
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
I love it that May got voted oddest man that women have a crush on by some gossip magazine.

May ftw!
Clarkson, Ive read a couple of his books, the mans just awesome
Quote by whatamidoinhere
Ford Focus got car of the year...

And Jezza, also because his books are hilarious

The european ford focus is very different from the american ford focus...it's an almost completely different car.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Feb 5, 2008,
Clarkson FTW
Quote by Cadj
Okay, big-T is a legend first and foremost

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Would like to publicly state that Big-T is my new God and Hero
Quote by Mutant Corn

James, BTW.

I understand what you mean entirely; but as it happens, TG does give positive reviews to cars from countries they hate - Germany for example. They are actually big fans of Mustangs and American muscle cars, but they do point out the main flaws - great in straight lines, awful in corners.

But, the main point I was trying to make, is that even though the boys are so obviously patriotic Brits, they will criticise British cars to no ends. To me it will seem that Ford and GM will use the US Top Gear as an advertising base; TG GB, seems to promote what they like and condemn what they hate - almost regardless of prejudice.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
James May. He's definitely the best for one liners.

(about the caravan) "I walked in there and immediately wanted a curry"

"What's Norwegian for 'Oh ****'?"
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
James May.

Jeremy Clarkson is just, "if this car..was a car... it would be....a car."
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

James May for the win, he's clearly the best one of the lot.
I love Jeremy as well, he's a good presenter and his personality is great.
And Hammond, he's ace too.

It's difficult to choose because they are 3 very well matched presenters; their personalities don't clash and they all have retained their uniqueness. IF I had to choose, which I do, I'd go for May, simply because he's the coolest of them all.

Quote by freddaahh
I understand what you mean entirely; but as it happens, TG does give positive reviews to cars from countries they hate - Germany for example. They are actually big fans of Mustangs and American muscle cars, but they do point out the main flaws - great in straight lines, awful in corners.

But, the main point I was trying to make, is that even though the boys are so obviously patriotic Brits, they will criticise British cars to no ends. To me it will seem that Ford and GM will use the US Top Gear as an advertising base; TG GB, seems to promote what they like and condemn what they hate - almost regardless of prejudice.

And the Aston, and the Noble, and the Jaguar.
They don't like any British cars do they?
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by shoolocomous
Woah! cut down man, thats quite a habit you've got there.

It;s all thanks to Channel Dave, it shows two or three episodes in the week, and about six episodes on each day of the weekend, as well as a handful of Jezza's old car and extreme machines programmes.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Page 1 of 2