Alright...

I need a better lead tone and want a metal tone for those times at home.

Could I buy an overdrive pedal, like a Bad Monkey, and use it with the amp's overdrive to boost for leads and/or higher gain? If I wanted the tone from the "double-overdrive", could I add my DS-2 to the chain for a lead tone?

Is there a high-gain overdrive pedal that I could use on the amp's clean channel that would create a heavier, hard rock sound, maybe metal...and then hook my DS-2 in the chain, and use it as a boost for leads?

Thanks
if your looking for higher gain, i would recommend checking out some distortion pedals to be used with our amps clean channel.
if you want a sick distorted sound with amazing range of distortion types, you have to check out the digitech grunge pedal it is legendary for all kinds of metal and its lead is searingly gainy

also check out the digitech death metal for ****ing unbelievable crazy **** if you want extreme noise in termsa of rhythm and lead, thats 4 you
One you grow out of your digital phase and relize digital pedals like the Grunge and Metal Zone suck, you should check out the Guyatone Metal Monster

unless you are looking for digital nasty high gain distortion, then by all means get the Metal Zone (not the Grunge, the grunge blows hard)
Metal Muff with top boost.... 'nuff said.

I've owned a Metal Zone and a Metal Master (and a Grunge for that matter, but it was DOD) and the Metal Muff beats them all down. Its a versatile enough pedal you can play non-metal stuff with it too, but the top boost is really a great thing, especially since you are looking for a good lead tone. Its been the best $90 I've spend on guitar stuff yet.
Chain:
Fingers -> Schecter Damien FR -> Fulltone OCD -> ABY Box -> Bugera V22 / Peavey 6505+
Quote by Dance_of_Death
One you grow out of your digital phase and relize digital pedals like the Grunge and Metal Zone suck, you should check out the Guyatone Metal Monster

unless you are looking for digital nasty high gain distortion, then by all means get the Metal Zone (not the Grunge, the grunge blows hard)

the metalzone isnt digital. OmGzZZZ
Quote by thejester
what about the boss metal zone. sound samples here: http://bossguitarpedals.com/

*Slap*

Quote by scizor4
if you want a sick distorted sound with amazing range of distortion types, you have to check out the digitech grunge pedal it is legendary for all kinds of metal and its lead is searingly gainy

also check out the digitech death metal for ****ing unbelievable crazy **** if you want extreme noise in termsa of rhythm and lead, thats 4 you

*Slap*Slap*Slap*

Ignore these two recommendations ^.
Go with a good high-volume overdrive pedal, like a tubescreamer. Or if you MUST have distortion exclusevely, go for a Metal Muff, or a modded (not stock) Boss DS1.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator