I've decided to buy my first bass
I've seen one on ebay, brand new, from a company down in England. I know that there guitars sound great and there basses but i'm stilll no 100% sure this is the one i should get.

It's only £50 because there reduced to clear (they were at £100 last week but have been re listed)

The Bass is here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
The Companys website: http://www.ekmpowershop2.com/ekmps/shops/roberts/about-us-1-w.asp

and http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=55793162

I'm not sure if i should just go for it or save up and buy a Squire jazz bass which is what i was planning on.

What do you guys think?
Bass Player
They look alright, just don;t buy a squire, I promise you will be disappointed with it.
Quote by killbox2490
HOLY S**T! There is a switch hahahahahha. Thanks Red Wing. Now you're probably going to quote me for being so retarded

CLAPTON IS GOD
Quote by redwing91007
They look alright, just don;t buy a squire, I promise you will be disappointed with it.

My first guitar was a squire and it was great at the time. I dunno what it is about this though, i really want it but theres just something putting me off
Bass Player
Well, I have a crappy Charvel started that I bought off a kid for 70$. I absolutely hate it. It's way to top heavy all it has is a nice color to it. I picked up a squire p-bass and felt the same thing. I have tried fender J-basses and Squier ones. I like the way the sounds and feel but if you are looking for a long term bass you will not be happy with a Squier. That's all I was trying to say. When you first get a Squire they are fine but as time goes on you feel the need to upgrade so is it worth putting about another 100$ on top to have a much better bass for you?
Quote by killbox2490
HOLY S**T! There is a switch hahahahahha. Thanks Red Wing. Now you're probably going to quote me for being so retarded

CLAPTON IS GOD
Quote by redwing91007
Well, I have a crappy Charvel started that I bought off a kid for 70$. I absolutely hate it. It's way to top heavy all it has is a nice color to it. I picked up a squire p-bass and felt the same thing. I have tried fender J-basses and Squier ones. I like the way the sounds and feel but if you are looking for a long term bass you will not be happy with a Squier. That's all I was trying to say. When you first get a Squire they are fine but as time goes on you feel the need to upgrade so is it worth putting about another 100$ on top to have a much better bass for you?

Another $100 dollars is only £50, even with that i still could not afford a Squire and anything else in the £100 price range (legacy) i would not go near! I don't wanna buy a really nice expensive bass right not incase i don't stick with it.
Argh... i'm really bad at explaining things

Edit: I've decided to leave it for now (i'll probably end up changing my mind...) Ill save and get a better one, i'm looking for a job so will have more money in the coming months hopefully
Bass Player
Last edited by Deek_13 at Feb 5, 2008,
squires are awesome starters... and when u get a better bass you can mod the $hit outta it
EQUIPMENT:
Squire P-bass - d'addario EXL230
Fender rumble 15
Epiphone Thunder Bird Reverse IV - Ernie ball super slinky
Vibe V-40b
Jerzey Acoustic bass - d'addario EXL190
KORG AX10B Bass Modeling signal Processor
Russian Big Muff
i love my squire mb-4 bass. It always had a very nice sound for slapping.

now i love my Schecter Studio-5