So I am looking into buying one.

The three options I have looked at so far are:
-Toneworks AX3000G
-Boss GT-8
-Line 6 Pod XT Live

Eh, The first two are the ones I'm leaning toward most. I don't know if the Line 6 is any good, and I've heard some bad things about it. The Boss is really appealing, but I hear that the GT-8's sound quality is sorta iffy (eye of the beholder, of course) but I hear pretty good things about the ToneWorks, and it is a great deal cheaper.

Any help or new recommendations are appreciated.
theres a ton of threads on these pedals and there was a poll yesterday on the GT8 and XL Live.,.................

both the boss and line6 are great but the new GT10 is the best if you want to use it live...
The GT-8 is a good choice if you plan to get your distortion tones via external means. If you like to use analog distortion pedals or have a nice tube amp with an FX loop then the GT-8 is the ideal unit.

The Pod is a pretty good amp modeler. But most of the modeling has a compressed sound. The GT-8 amp modeling is not as good IMO. I use the GT-8 with a tube preamp and analog distortion pedals and like it much better than my PodXT.
for the money, you can get two or three really nice single effects pedals. they're going to sound better and last longer than a multi-fx unit, even though you lack a few sounds.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by fly135
The GT-8 is a good choice if you plan to get your distortion tones via external means. If you like to use analog distortion pedals or have a nice tube amp with an FX loop then the GT-8 is the ideal unit.

The Pod is a pretty good amp modeler. But most of the modeling has a compressed sound. The GT-8 amp modeling is not as good IMO. I use the GT-8 with a tube preamp and analog distortion pedals and like it much better than my PodXT.

What he said. However, some people really like the GT-8's distortion tones too - however, they admit that you have to do a ****load of fiddling to get it just right.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.