I didn't see any thread for them anywhere, so I just thought I'd make one. I noticed they're getting a lot more popular around where I am due to the reunion, plus their songs are getting some airplay again, so here's a general discussion thread for all things STP.

Fire away
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
No ****? I didn't hear about their reunion. Hmmm gonna have to check this out.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
not heard many of their songs, but they sound good. could you recommend me any songs?
Quote by ~Danny~
Must if they break for me, better sounds come from the way you play more-so than the strings.

Quote by ~Danny~
>hen I said 'must', i meant just.

Quote by ~Danny~
I think we've realised I can't type by now...
Quote by tomathy
not heard many of their songs, but they sound good. could you recommend me any songs?

"Plush" is always a favourite, there's a great acoustic version lying around the internet, too. Interstate Love Song, Big Bang Baby, Coma, Days Of the Week, Sex Type Thing, Creep. They're generally the most popular ones.
Quote by Fishyesque

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
They were getting some decent airplay on some radio stations before they even announced the reunion, which always makes me happy.
Also, Scott's voice is getting worse (Still one of the best singers ever, though) as time goes by.. I've been thinking about that lately, and wondering if it was the drugs that really ****ed that up, or if it's just age taking it's toll, or both.. What do you think?
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Reunion?!!? WTF?!

as for songs; plush, big empty and trippin on a hole paper heart are great!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
I think they're getting more popular because of Rock Band.
STP is great.
I plays guitars.
Quote by 2003LP
I think they're getting more popular because of Rock Band.
STP is great.

I didn't even know they were on there, what song is it?

Quote by Shadowplay13
nice...black hole sun

And I've been looking for this song for a while, my father mentioned it to me at one point, and I don't know if I'm blind or stupid, because I can't find it to save my life, what album?
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Last edited by NorfIrIon at Feb 5, 2008,
i didn't hear about the reunion, interesting......maybe guns n roses / stp show???? but as far as the guy above goes that said weilands one of the best singers ever, thats ridiculous. anyway i'll add my fav STP song to this...wicked garden....
@NorfIrIon,

I think it's definitely a mixture. He was still doing a lot of drugs in the groups early days, and I'm sure if he really put time back into it, he'd be just as good as he was. His voice has changed, but then again, no-one stays young forever.
Quote by Fishyesque

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by Shadowplay13
nice...black hole sun

ummmm......either i'm an idiot, or you are.
Quote by Shadowplay13
nice...black hole sun

That was Soundgarden, dude.
STP was Plush, Trippin' On A Hole, Creep, etc.
Quote by Fishyesque

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by NorfIrIon
I didn't even know they were on there, what song is it?

And I've been looking for this song for a while, I don't know if I'm blind or stupid, because I can't find it to save my life, what album?

Vasoline
I plays guitars.
there isn't anything on the official wibsite about a reunion.
Cream fan club member #11.
Well there used to be an STP thread, but I dont know what happen to it, so anyways ... their reunion will shake the world and hopefully they will come near Alabama.
Sitting on the edge of nowhere.
Watch Out or Ill Steal Your Girlfriend... or Wife.
Roll Tide
Back in December but wasnt confirmed until January. Just thought about something... what if they are also at Bonaroo? Zeppelin and STP at Bonaroo... that would be the best venue EVER!!
Sitting on the edge of nowhere.
Watch Out or Ill Steal Your Girlfriend... or Wife.
Roll Tide
It's been on UG alot lately hidden in Velvet Revolver news. Stuff like "Scott Weiland has been talking about a STP reunion too." and stuff like that.

Anyway, Trippin on a Hole is my favorite song by them and definatley has one of my favorite guitar solos of all-time.
"For Us, For Them, For You"
Got into them after Guitar Hero II's rather awesome cover of Trippin'. Then I discovered the original isn't... actually... as good as the cover. >_>

Also discovered, I'd already heard most of their discography. XD

Favourite's Plush, then Trippin'. Maybe Vasoline too.

Also, Scott being in Velvet Revolver and all, I doubt he'd come back to STP. I mean, would YOU leave Slash?
"Levelled up. Still no solos."
[img]http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/1405270-1.png[/img]
That's what I was thinking, but without getting off topic or anything... I think VR is a better band. If I could keep them, or bring back STP, I'd keep VR...
"Levelled up. Still no solos."
[img]http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/1405270-1.png[/img]
Quote by Dark Raven X

Also, Scott being in Velvet Revolver and all, I doubt he'd come back to STP. I mean, would YOU leave Slash?

If I wanted to make more diverse music, I definitely would. Slash is a legend, but Dean DeLeo is a way better all around guitarist. He is like a modern day Jimmy Page, in that he can do anything under the rock guitar umbrella from slide to alternate tunings to layering to straight ahead riff rock to crazy soloes and beyond.

There has been no announcement of a reunion. A supposed Slash quote popped up in someone's blog. Weiland wants to do it, and the DeLeos have have an open schedule since Army of Anyone is on indefinite hiatus.

Scott Weiland wants "bookends" for STP, so I don't think VR would be done, but supposedly there is some grumbling comin from Duff, just about VR in general.

Anybody that would choose VR over STP is outta their mind.
Last edited by MAYNARD at Feb 6, 2008,
Quote by Shaggy92
Well there used to be an STP thread, but I dont know what happen to it, so anyways ... their reunion will shake the world and hopefully they will come near Alabama.

Oh, HELL YEAH they better come to Alabama! Or at least near, like possibly Pensacola, or something.

& I definitely agree with the post above me, about Dean. He's GREAT!
But the smile you send in my direction makes me feel like I'm alive
it´s REUNION everybody!!!!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by Shaggy92
Back in December but wasnt confirmed until January. Just thought about something... what if they are also at Bonaroo? Zeppelin and STP at Bonaroo... that would be the best venue EVER!!

Dude zep's not playin bonnaroo it's some lame chick cover band. Anyways i love stp the Deleo bros. are one of my early influences.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Woo STP reunion

yeah, apparently there's talks of Scott doing this reunion tour, and Duff and Matt and Slash doing a few GnR showd...but I doubt that sooo much

and I dont care

wat I care about is STP coming to England
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Quote by Shaggy92

Actually, that isn't THE Led Zeppelin.
It's actually an all-girl cover band called Lez Zeppelin. I saw on the news that they had been mistaken for the real deal.
the pieces of VR are better than VR itself. Scott is an amazing vocalist, Slash is one of the best guitarists around(albeit overrated), and the rythym section is among the best. but honestly, VR just doesn't seem to capitalize on all these fantastic parts. hopefully the STP reunion show(which i may be attending) will be better

EDIT: i made a thread awhile back. try searching for it. someone should CLOSE this
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
For those of you who havent seen it already, thought I'd bring out a younger more "chili-peppers freaky styley era" Stone Temple Pilots:

Love Machine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw-FL9Uhr2c

thats just too much awesome ^

and the beginning of STPs sound sound:

Only Dying
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvH1SHAR3AM

look up the rest of the album, called Mighty Joe Young at first, but since that name was taken, the record company made them change it. you know the rest

by the way, these guys rocked live in Vancouver BC 2008!!
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
I like Core, but everything else is kinda meh imo
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I'm glad their back.
They kickass.

You know what else I noticed?

Scott Weiland leaves STP. Chris Cornell leaves Soundgarden. Both are vocalists for popular grunge/rock bands.
Scott joins former members of GnR for Velvet Revolver while Chris joins former members of RAtM to form Audioslave.
Both bands are rock. Both Scott and Chris leave their bands to go solo. All around the same time.

What a weird coincidence here...
Last edited by Smoking Gun Boy at Jun 23, 2009,
Quote by Smoking Gun Boy
I'm glad their back.
They kickass.

You know what else I noticed?

Scott Weiland leaves STP. Chris Cornell leaves Soundgarden. Both are vocalists for popular grunge/rock bands.
Scott joins former members of GnR for Velvet Revolver while Chris joins former members of RAtM to form Audioslave.
Both bands are rock. Both Scott and Chris leave their bands to go solo. All around the same time.

What a weird coincidence here...

That is pretty weird, the only difference is Chris Cornell doesn't have a heroin addiction and his music is better(imo)
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by Dark Raven X
Got into them after Guitar Hero II's rather awesome cover of Trippin'. Then I discovered the original isn't... actually... as good as the cover. >_>

Also discovered, I'd already heard most of their discography. XD

Favourite's Plush, then Trippin'. Maybe Vasoline too.

You're right about that. The original sounds sloppy, along with the rest of their material after Purple. Atlanta was a great song though. I have to listen to the album again.
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
That is pretty weird, the only difference is Chris Cornell doesn't have a heroin addiction and his music is better(imo)

What is it with grunge singers and their addiction to heroin?
Kurt
Layne Staley
Scott?

Two of them died, for freakin' sake!
Quote by Smoking Gun Boy
What is it with grunge singers and their addiction to heroin?
Kurt
Layne Staley
Scott?

Two of them died, for freakin' sake!

If Scott doesn't kick his addiction, I fear he might be next
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^