Are these two scales same

G Pentatonic & E Pentatonic- Major & Minor Scales?

They sound same when going up on ascent!
"I know many songs to play on my guitar but all the fish ever want to hear me play are scales."
they have the same notes.
E minor is what we call the 'relative minor' of G major, it has the same notes, but uses them in the minory way, which makes it sound darker than the happy major scale
they arent the same thing exactly, but have the same notes
G major pentatonic is identical to E minor pentatonic because E minor is the relative minor of G major.
Hmmmm? You would think all the scales, etc. are based on the major scale

Chris
Those notes are all in G Major. Over a G major chord, you could play a position that is reminiscent of E Minor, but since it has the same notes and the tonal center is G, you will just be playing G Ionian. It is the same with E Minor- if the key is E Minor, even if you play a "G major scale", the notes are all in E Minor, and will thus be E minor.
ya same notes...e is g's relative minor...
so g's chord sounds happier, e minor's chord sounds sad, but same sharps
Quote by CowboyUp
Those notes are all in G Major. Over a G major chord, you could play a position that is reminiscent of E Minor, but since it has the same notes and the tonal center is G, you will just be playing G Ionian. It is the same with E Minor- if the key is E Minor, even if you play a "G major scale", the notes are all in E Minor, and will thus be E minor.

+1