well
basically
it will be my girlfriend's and my one year anniversary in March, and we plan on going up to London for the day, I'm taking her on the London eye for a gift and she's taking me out to eat for hers. Its on a Tuesday, so it will mean missing school, and I was fine, I planned on catching up with the work and so on, but we definitely are gonna skip school.
I told my mum this and she was telling me that she wouldn't allow it, if i was at work i wouldn't be able to take a day off, and this pissed me off. Its only one day, what does it hurt? and she offered maybe do it at the weekend, but I've said no, because its our one year, not almost one year

the weekend is not an option

so, we've decided that I would not tell my mum, and just go anyway, then go back to my gf's house and get picked up like nothing happened, she shall be none the wiser

I have people on my side, friends and all, that say its a good idea and plenty will back me up, tell teachers I'm ill and all

so, am I in the right here?
hope i broke down the wall of text a bit
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
lol, youll get caught, school would probably phone your mum unless your really good at convincing the teachers? how old are you btw?
sounds fine to me
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
You'll probably get caught, but that doesn't matter.

Do it.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-- Douglas Adams
hey you already made up your mind and that's not wrong
go ahead
Gear:
Jackson SL-3 Soloist w/ licensed Floyd Rose
Peavey VK 100 Head
Earcandy Boa 2X12 Cab w/ 70 watt Speakers
Fender Frontman 15 Watt Practice Amp

I'M SELLING A HOHNER HR1000 GUITAR. PM ME FOR INFO.
Do something nice in your town for the one year, then go to London the weekend after.
Do it! You Wil get Laid! Do it,Do it NOW!!!
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
a) The biggest mistake you can ever make in skipping school is telling your mother about it.
b) Yes its wrong, you should go to school everyday.
c) You won't miss much, school is meaningless until you get to college, have fun.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
get one of your friends to tell a teacher that he/she was with you the day before and you threw up.
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
If it means so much to you, go for it.

A relationship can only have 1 first anniversary. Do it.

EDIT:
Quote by master
What makes you think you'll still be together in March?

Ouch! Not cool, dude.
Last edited by synpet713192 at Feb 5, 2008,
Quote by master
What makes you think you'll still be together in March?

well by seeing your appearance in your profile, if she sees you there isn't much chance...

and i'm 17, and in the sixth form
i've skipped a couple of days before, its not a big thing, and they don't phone home
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Why don't you just wait till the weekend? This sentimental crap about 'oh it HAS to be EXACTLY one year!!!' is ridiculous.
"It's funny how most people love the dead. Once you're dead, you're made for life" - Jimi Hendrix

Quote by TheClincher
Is it incest if I had sex with my brother in law's half sister? Because if it is, it was so ****ing worth it.
Do.
It.

I did something similar once, and had a LOT of fun. Dooo eet
As I always say: "Rawr"
Quote by Jonn0
well
basically
it will be my girlfriend's and my one year anniversary in March, and we plan on going up to London for the day, I'm taking her on the London eye for a gift and she's taking me out to eat for hers. Its on a Tuesday, so it will mean missing school, and I was fine, I planned on catching up with the work and so on, but we definitely are gonna skip school.
I told my mum this and she was telling me that she wouldn't allow it, if i was at work i wouldn't be able to take a day off, and this pissed me off. Its only one day, what does it hurt? and she offered maybe do it at the weekend, but I've said no, because its our one year, not almost one year

the weekend is not an option

so, we've decided that I would not tell my mum, and just go anyway, then go back to my gf's house and get picked up like nothing happened, she shall be none the wiser

I have people on my side, friends and all, that say its a good idea and plenty will back me up, tell teachers I'm ill and all

so, am I in the right here?
hope i broke down the wall of text a bit

To be fair to your mum, they put parents in jail for this **** now.

On the other hand. Do it.

If you haven't bought London Eye tickets yet Don't, it's ****e. find something actually fun. If you're insistant on doing it tho the tix are cheaper from their website. But you have been warned.
db silly, just do it the weekend after like most people would. you will get caught, and you will get into trouble.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
You wont miss much at school, so if you really want to, go for it.
Lord knows I missed countless school days throughout highschool, and I even graduated early - so it really isn't a big deal.

Mind you - waiting an extra few days isn't exactly a big deal either.
Quote by Ichimaru
a) The biggest mistake you can ever make in skipping school is telling your mother about it.
b) Yes its wrong, you should go to school everyday.
c) You won't miss much, school is meaningless until you get to college, have fun.

its still meaning less
Quote by bendystraw
good luck in the war... oh wait Canada. lol.
Quote by Carswell98
I like the name Canada, lets stick with that

then, everybody will think its a joke when someone screams;
"THE CANADIAN ARMY IS ATTACKING!!!!!!"

element of surprise is ensured
Just go on the weekend. It's not worth all the trouble just so you can go on the exact day.
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.

Member #12 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
ya wait for the weekend. either or choices (either not on the weekend or never) are the worst choices of all. and you get to have two good days with your girlfriend (a nice date on ure 1 year) and then the weekend in london. id say the weekend is a win win! also, if you go during school, you might be worried about what your missing, is there a pop test your missing, is there extra credit youll be missing? its defenitly not worth it. the smart person would say wait until the weekend, going on the exact day is no real big deal, and plus im sure youll have a good one year whether or not you go on the day of or not
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)