hey guys.

so heres the deal.

I recently invested in a rather fetching Marshall Valve amplifier combo. Buttt.... it's kinda screwed.

the trouble is that it keeps letting out a high pitched, loud, almost feedbacky kinda sound at random that doesn't stop till you turn it off. This is regardless of how loud I'm playing or indeed what channel I play through.

My guitar(s) are all fine and there doesn't seem to be any problem with my leads, (at least, I think they're alright).

any ideas as to what the problem might be, gents? (or, indeed, ladies)...
Originally Posted by Eric 666
if I had sex with my clone...I'd have a big dick in my ass.

Quote by Final !mpact
I mean 'Really Retarded' in the nicest way possible by the way.

Member 37 Of The RHCP fanclub.
Bruce Springsteen Fan?
My Myspace
educate me, man. I'm a bit of an amp noob.

thnx, btw.

Quote by Final !mpact

Bruce Springsteen Fan?
My Myspace
Is it full valve or half? As you said Marshall I'm guessing its either a AVT or a JCM?
MySpace Profile
If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Marshall AVT.

how much does it cost to have them changed out?

Quote by Final !mpact

Bruce Springsteen Fan?
My Myspace
well you could do it yourself and just buy the tubes but its not as easy as just swapping one for the other, you gotta bias them, but if that just made no sense to you then i'd just pay the cash and have someone at a shop do it....to me it would be better to just pay the cash for tubes that'll last work a while than try to do it and screw it up yourself
Quote by wangmaster
Marshall AVT.

how much does it cost to have them changed out?

Thats not a tube amp, its a hybrid, and AFAIK the tube(or is it tubes?) wouldnt be much of an issue in a hybrid.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
It has one tube I think. It may be microphonic. Its possible that's the culprit, but other things could do it. I'd take it to a tech before I bothered to replace the tube.
Unfortunately it may be time for a new amp.
possibly try a new valve in the pre amp (get a new pre amp valve, and replace it - no biasing needed on pre amp valves). otherwise surely you can take it to the shop where you bought it from?
UG Profile

- Ibanez S470DX
- Orange Rockerverb 50 head
- Orange PPC212
- MXR Micro Amp
- CryBaby Wah

Member of the Matt Bellamy > Shred Club! PM Aidy Damage or Metallica708 to join!
Member Of The Orange Revolution Club
yeah dude if you really dont know what you're looking at then just take it in, its not worth trying to fix it yourself and messing it up for good, plus they arent gonna charge you to take a look at it
^ I like the freeness idea. (y)

Quote by Final !mpact

Bruce Springsteen Fan?
My Myspace