I've been looking for a new amp for bedroom practicing and maybe some playing with a band, so i need something in th 10-30w range. I'm hoping to pay around £200-300 but I can go under or over if needed. I play lots of styles, like Queens of the Stone Age to Led Zeppelin to Mastodon so I need a versatile amp. I'll probably be selling my ME-50 once I get a good idea of a sound I like. I was looking at Laney VC's, Epiphone Valve Standard's or maybe the 15w Blackheart? Thanks
Real men don't need sigs.
marshall valvestate.

8080 i believe its called. perfect little amp overall, Chuck Schuldiner used most of his career. Just get an SM57 and a PA if you wanna play gigs with it down the road.
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish
OMGZ! Chuck shuldingr iz teh master conspiraiter!

Quote by jakekilgore666
sean hart i love your avatar
Is that thing all-tube? I saw one for £165, and its 80w! Seems way too much to be all tube. I'd love a Marshall, but the lowest one I can find is the 40w DSL401. Thanks anyway, any other ideas?
fender blues junior.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
ok dude. check out the amps below. you gotta go around lookin for these models on different websites cuz you probably dont want to buy all teh way from US for a bedroom amp.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringer-V-Tone-GMX210-Stereo-Combo-Amp-480730-i1145421.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringer-V-Tone-GMX212-2X60-Watt-Stereo-Guitar-Combo-102533791-i1145422.gc

I have the 60 watt for my room... Its pretty sweet for a small amp. Great distortion, can get loads of different sounds. comes with a PEDALto switch beteen amp channels and to turn your effects on and off. i know, but what do you want for free? my favorite feature is the built in tuner. No matter how many great amps i play my favorite feature will always be the built in tuner.

just check out the amps. Great prices.
Quote by dgervin839
Is that thing all-tube? I saw one for £165, and its 80w! Seems way too much to be all tube. I'd love a Marshall, but the lowest one I can find is the 40w DSL401. Thanks anyway, any other ideas?

No, it's not. And neither is the Behringer one.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by dgervin839

it has preamp tubes, no power tubes. but come on, its a combo amp lol
trust me for the price nothing beats it unless you can push an extra 100 for a randall.
and behringer amps are the worst i've played. someone else suggested them, i think its best to avoid those
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish

Quote by jakekilgore666
Quote by SeanHart213
it has preamp tubes, no power tubes. but come on, its a combo amp lol
trust me for the price nothing beats it unless you can push an extra 100 for a randall.
and behringer amps are the worst i've played. someone else suggested them, i think its best to avoid those

The fact that you say "come on, it's a combo amp" proves that you really aren't that experienced with amps. Many great amps come in combos, for example Mesa Mark IV's (and older Mark's too), Marshall JCM800/900, even a Roland Jazz Chorus for cleans. But honestly, having a preamp tube in there somewhere isn't gonna make a big difference in the tone. And here's a direct quote from a website: "The Valvestate product line was replaced by the MG Series amplifiers, introduced in 2000.". And we all know how great MG's are.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Fender SuperChamp and VibroChamp. Cost $250 and $300 and sound pretty good and have a good versatile selection of effects.
96 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
95 Strat w/ Lindy Fralins
Ibanez JS1000
Orange AD30HTC
Vox AC30
Blue Alnico Cab
Budda Wah
Barber Tone Press
Keeley NOVA Wah
Pederson Strobo
Keeley TS-808
HBE Chorus
T-Rex Delay
Red Witch Moon Phase
Lol I don't think the Behringer will quite cut it. I'm replacing a MG100dfx so I've learned from my mistakes, and it has to be 10-30w. Tube as well. And not solid state. What about those amps I suggested? Would they be any good?
The Laneys + Blackheart sound like good ideas.

Try and play them first before buying.
try b-52 at-212
i have the half stack, the at-100, and matching cab.
all tube amp, great great unique tone, so you will not sound like everyone else, that buys a brand not and amp.
they say cleans like marshall, or fender, and distortion like mesa's
and cleans are one of the best ones i'd heard, and distortion, is awesome once that you accept using a tube distortion over youre loved metal zone or what ever a like.

dont trust 15year olds, being all sold out about brands, and knowing nothing about music or sound.

give it a try, read revews around ther, you will not find something this cheap, and this good.
try it u will not regret it if you buy it.

note: its not a mesa, its not a marshall, but sounds soo good, and its so versatile, and it has his own voice, that u'll fall in love with it.

unless you care more about having a big brand name, and a crappy sound, like cheap SS marshalls do.
Quote by Fama
The fact that you say "come on, it's a combo amp" proves that you really aren't that experienced with amps. Many great amps come in combos, for example Mesa Mark IV's (and older Mark's too), Marshall JCM800/900, even a Roland Jazz Chorus for cleans. But honestly, having a preamp tube in there somewhere isn't gonna make a big difference in the tone. And here's a direct quote from a website: "The Valvestate product line was replaced by the MG Series amplifiers, introduced in 2000.". And we all know how great MG's are.

"come on, its a combo amp" meaning does he really want power tubes for practice

in my opinion having tubes in the pre helps alot with distortion tones.
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish

Quote by jakekilgore666