does anybody know any heavy bands in modern rock?heavier than the usual puddle of mudd and anything similar.i mean something like alter bridge would be cool.their guitar riffs are pretty good
dude phil anselmo's (pantera) new band "down" is a dam good havy metal band
Heavier than modern rock?
Metal?
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
Quote by metal_john13
does anybody know any heavy bands in modern rock?heavier than the usual puddle of mudd and anything similar.i mean something like alter bridge would be cool.their guitar riffs are pretty good

Alter Bridge>God. But if you want something heavier than modern rock, either look into some light metal stuff (thats an oxymoron, I know) or into old rock/metal
yeah man i know anselmo's down are great.but as my name implies i'm a metal fan and i'm not looking for any metal recommendations.i want something that sounds like alter bridge you know?i've listened to some puddle of mudd, hoobastank,nickelback but so far i like alter bridge more than any of these bands.any recommendations?
shine down? try them, they are extremely good live and their singer rules
I'm breathing so I guess I'm still alive.

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
get new friends. i dont associate with Fall Out Boy fans. they deserve cancer and humiliation. like ass cancer.
Quote by RyanInChains9
shine down? try them, they are extremely good live and their singer rules

Its Shinedown, sorry I'm a bit of a grammar nazi. Great band though.

Maybe try some Stone Sour (though many call them nu-metal), also maybe some Chevelle, Taproot, Finger Eleven (their older stuff like on Greyest of Blue Skies) and Godsmack. Tool is also great too, but I'm not sure if they are considered "modern rock."
Quote by jakeloro
dude phil anselmo's (pantera) new band "down" is a dam good havy metal band

New?
Quote by __Ronnie__
Its Shinedown, sorry I'm a bit of a grammar nazi. Great band though.

Maybe try some Stone Sour (though many call them nu-metal), also maybe some Chevelle, Taproot, Finger Eleven (their older stuff like on Greyest of Blue Skies) and Godsmack. Tool is also great too, but I'm not sure if they are considered "modern rock."

When will people learn the difference between grammar and spelling?? That wasn't a grammatical error, it was a spelling error.

And yes, Tool is considered modern rock - there's a thread for them in this forum. If you look hard enough, you'll find it.

EDIT:

Oh looky there, I found it!!

All Tools, look at this.
Last edited by Uber-rocker at Feb 5, 2008,
deffinately alter bridge, you saw that. especially the new stuff.

...so what myles kennedy doesnt have the grungy voice and its not "heavy," quite frankly im sick of that kind of voice, even from other great singers like chris cornell. when they get to thier upper range they get all grungy sounding, but not kennedy. his voice soars in the upper octaves. it adds such a unique element that no other heavy bands have these days.

mark tremonti...... i think that he is the best guitarist since dimebag. he has always written amazing melodies and was an accomplished soloist with creed. but with alter bridge, the melodies are still there, but the solos are AMAZING. tremonti (post creed) is why i picked up the guitar. so needless to say, you wont change my mind, haha.

kk, other bands, i think chevelle is pretty heavy, disturbed, 3days grace, airbourne, killswitch engage, seether, and hmm i cant think right now.. but those are SOME other bands that i think fit into the "hard rock" genre but not quite the "heavy metal" genre
Quote by Uber-rocker
When will people learn the difference between grammar and spelling?? That wasn't a grammatical error, it was a spelling error.

And yes, Tool is considered modern rock - there's a thread for them in this forum. If you look hard enough, you'll find it.

EDIT:

Oh looky there, I found it!!

All Tools, look at this.

Damn you got me...twice! I'll return to my hole now.
Whoo, some Shinedown respect! I like Fly from the Inside by them.
"Levelled up. Still no solos."
[img]http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/1405270-1.png[/img]
Try Godsmack
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Maybe some Nine Inch Nails or Rage Against The Machine? (Though both have alternative qualities in them, some still could consider them heavy.)
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
This thread makes me cry.
i don't mean to seem like i care about material things. like a social status. i just want four walls and adobe slabs for my girls.
Breaking Benjamin, but if u like AB try Decyfer Down or Submersed both along the lines of AB
The most talented man on earth...
thanx alot i'll check out these bands but
This thread makes me cry.

what the hell is wrong with this guy?