I just bought a Rode NT1-A to use to record vocals and acoustic guitar. It is an awesome mic but one of the things that is so great about it is also a problem. It is really sensitive. I was recording a demo with just an acoustic guitar and had a click track playing in my headphones and it picked up the click from the headphones and recorded it onto the track. Now this is just a demo so it isn’t any big deal. But I didn’t have the click track that loud as far as I am concerned. Now when it comes to recording vocals, my singer likes the music to be really loud in the headphones and I know it will pick that up without a doubt. So what can I do to stop this? Do I need some new headphones?
Try enclosed head phones. But yes, its trial and error, perhaps try having the microphone in different positions and see if that helps with any spill of sound from the headphones.
Gibson, Martin, Orange, Apple.
Really, the only particularly obtrusive sound coming through your headphones is the click track. It's not a big deal if the mic picks up a bit of the actual song, because whenever you're singing, it completely drowns out the bleed from the headphones, and when you're not singing, it's just playing the same thing as the main mix, so it's not too noticeable. If you want though, you can throw a gentle gate on your vocal track to get rid of the bleed when you're not singing. I'd also suggest getting headphones with better isolation. I can't recommend a great pair, and it depends on your budget, but different headphones range quite a bit in the amount that they bleed. I have a pair of Sennheisers that sound exquisite and are wonderfully comfortable, but they're basically like small speakers on my head. On the other hand I have an audio technica pair that doesn't sound as good, is much less comfortable, but they don't bleed much, and because of that they're a good headphone to wear while tracking vocals or acoustic.

If you don't want to get another pair of headphones, I've had pretty decent results by wrapping a pillow around my head and strapping it on with a belt. It looks retarded, and it's not particularly comfortable, but it does a pretty good job of keeping the bleeding to a minimum.
Quote by bsantos_5
I just bought a Rode NT1-A to use to record vocals and acoustic guitar. It is an awesome mic but one of the things that is so great about it is also a problem. It is really sensitive. I was recording a demo with just an acoustic guitar and had a click track playing in my headphones and it picked up the click from the headphones and recorded it onto the track. Now this is just a demo so it isn’t any big deal. But I didn’t have the click track that loud as far as I am concerned. Now when it comes to recording vocals, my singer likes the music to be really loud in the headphones and I know it will pick that up without a doubt. So what can I do to stop this? Do I need some new headphones?

+1 on the enclosed headphones. Try the 280HDs
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Sennheiser-HD280-Pro-ClosedBack-Headphones?sku=242411

The reason why studios have acoustic treatment and all is so they can use all these great mics. The only fix is to make a sound booth for vocals or something, a large closet works ok.

Then try keeping the click track or any headphone audio really low while you record.