so i just now came back from school and found that i forgot to turn it off when i went to school and now all it does is make a static sound. i have tried several differnt cords and there is no signal at all coming to the amp.

and try to keep flaming to a minimum but my amp is a spider. (yea i know they suck but that was the amp i got when i first started playing and i had no idea how bad the amp is.) so i dont want any answers like " that amp sucks sooo bad they are worse than an MG."
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
" that amp sucks sooo bad they are worse than an MG."

Sorry had to you had it qouted.

What amp is it exactly? as in the wattage, and the modle "II or III"
that sucks, new amp?
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by igotabcrich32
that sucks, new amp?

Lol, don't jump on him just yet. Might be savable being spiders are like computers "well really they are computers"
spider II
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
this is a blessing in disguise....

....no wait, its a fairly obvious blessing
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
kk, So that crosses out the dreaded spider black box syndrome.

First and the simplest attempt is to try to reset it. Being that it's a computer a good reboot of the system does wonders sometimes.

Warning: This will erase any saved settings you have, So write them down before you do this.

To Reset turn off the amp, then hold down the clean channel button, as you turn it back on. This is revert the amp back to factory settings.
Fixing Spiders:
Simply press Ctrl + Alt + Delete twice to reboot
ohai little sig.
You shouldn't be able to damage an amp by just leaving it on (unless you stayed at school for weeks).

That should really tell you something.
Quote by WickedBeast666
kk, So that crosses out the dreaded spider black box syndrome.

First and the simplest attempt is to try to reset it. Being that it's a computer a good reboot of the system does wonders sometimes.

Warning: This will erase any saved settings you have, So write them down before you do this.

To Reset turn off the amp, then hold down the clean channel button, as you turn it back on. This is revert the amp back to factory settings.

yea i just tried this and now it doesnt even make the static sound
Quote by MakinLattes
Well... I forgot to say, on the spider II series you have to turn it off after that and back on. If it's still like that after that... We may be dealing with something greater then a computer glitch.

p.s. for all the people who are posting "If you are not part of the solution, You must be part of the problem."
Quote by mr_hankey
You shouldn't be able to damage an amp by just leaving it on (unless you stayed at school for weeks).

That should really tell you something.

This is true sadly enough, though everything is prone to thermal breakdown.
i feel like such a dumbass but it turns out that the volume knob an my guitar was on zero.

thanks anyways.
Quote by MakinLattes
your guitar is probably plugged into the headphone jack or something equally as stupid?
Quote by itchy guitar
i feel like such a dumbass but it turns out that the volume knob an my guitar was on zero.

thanks anyways.

Lol, don't worry about it man. As i've said about 3 times today. We all are prime to sooner or later over look the obvious. I should of started there, but I even over looked that too.
when van halen designed his new amp, he plugged in a bass, cranked the amp, hit a note and left it feebacking for a month. he came back and decided the amp would be good.
Quote by itchy guitar

thanks anyways.

I've done something like that before, I have one of those danelectro honeytone mini amps. I turned it on....nothing, I checked the volume on the guitar and amp...nothing, when I started to curse and scream that I wasted my money I realized that I didn't have patch chord plugged into the guitar or amp. I grabbed the chord then I set it down next to me and forgot about it...
Quote by s.r.v.
when van halen designed his new amp, he plugged in a bass, cranked the amp, hit a note and left it feebacking for a month. he came back and decided the amp would be good.

Intresting lol, random fact of the day?
I thought van halen just left his guitar in front of the amp to feedback? I never heard anything about a bass.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Quote by CM_X5
I thought van halen just left his guitar in front of the amp to feedback? I never heard anything about a bass.

Guitar World Interview September 2007
Van Halen " I laid the bass down in front of the cabinet and positioned it so it would vibrate at a certain harmonic frequency.:
I still prefer the burning test. Set it on fire and see how long you can still play it (use fire-resistant cables obviously). Bonus points if it sounds better on fire.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by itchy guitar

thanks anyways.
Happens to the best of us, I suppose. I once spent about ten minutes trying to figure out why my amp wouldn't make any sound. The chords were backwards on my DS-1. Man, those were the days.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
I've done the volume thing before. But caught it when i went through my checklist of ohhh hell why isnt sound coming out the speakers... Its always a scare when you have a tube amp, first thing that goes through my head is ohhh god i hope the cab didnt come unplugged while i've been sitting there tracing cables and tweaking knobs for the last 10 minutes.. lol