hey, I'm new to the forum so hey guys.

I want to buy a new guitar (very cheap) but however i'm gonna customize it slightly so i can obviously get more for my money.
so any recommendations on a relatively cheap guitar? and what to do to the guitar to get it up to scratch?
i play allot of alternative, punk, indie, hard rock, metal
i'm on a tight budget here, so be kind lol, thanks
When you're just going to customize, all that really matters is you get a nice tonewood with decent construction. Look for a low end basswood/mahogany guitar.

Then upgrade the bridge, tuners and pickups.

a TOM or gibraltar bridge
Grover or Sperzel locking tuners
Duncans, Dimarzios, EMGs depending on what you like pickups.

Ibanez RG321 would be nice.
WTLTL 2011
get one of those 99 bucks dean vendetta... seems like a nice project guitar
You might want to price this out first. Having a cheap guitar with a bunch of modded parts on it might not be any cheaper, and maybe even more expensive than just getting a nicer guitar in the first place.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
Quote by dgonz
You might want to price this out first. Having a cheap guitar with a bunch of modded parts on it might not be any cheaper, and maybe even more expensive than just getting a nicer guitar in the first place.

true, if you don't do it right then a modded project guitar could turn into a money pit.
An Agile would be a perfect project guitar.

www.rondomusic.net

Or you could just build a whole guitar yourself. Maybe get the body, neck, pickups, etc. from eBay or something.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
for a low budget, don't get anything with a tremolo unless you plan on replacing it w/ a better unit.
^+1 to that and the Vendetta, and do it over time and don't spend too much money
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*