You guys fail, this is brilliant. Praise be to the Celestial Conqueror!
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
how can that be even close to reality. of this were true dont you think the creator of calvin and hobbes would sue him...? its on the INTERNET! you cant believe anything you read on the internet. what a waste of thread.
At least skim over it, people.

I'm not asking you to read ALL of it, unless you feel so inclined, but this is pretty cool.

It does have some awesome, weird coincidences between them.

EDIT: And I'm not taking this as 100% truth, it's probably just made for fun, but at least there are some real similarities.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by telecaster93
what a waste of thread.

what a waste of a post...
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

Quote by telecaster93
how can that be even close to reality. of this were true dont you think the creator of calvin and hobbes would sue him...? its on the INTERNET! you cant believe anything you read on the internet. what a waste of thread.

There really is a NNTS for every occasion.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
haha, i think this is brilliant
the more you read of it, the more the theory makes sense
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
This is great. I love how there are discussion questions. If I become an English teacher, I am definitely using this.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
It's got a lot of good analogies to be believable and the author does make a valid point. I found it very interesting. Guess the only way to know for sure is to ask the author of the book and of C&H.
Quote by Hot_Money420
Banned because I know a certain girl who used to think chocolate milk came from brown spotted cows....that young girl was a boy...and that boy was me....

Quote by aig91
Banned because listen to Sara. She speaks the truth.

Join the F.U.C.K.!
i liked it.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Even though I really doubt Fight Club is based off of Calvin and Hobbes, the article still makes some very interesting points. Good read.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Quote by raise_the_dead
You guys fail, this is brilliant. Praise be to the Celestial Conqueror!

That's true. This is genius. It's got a comical air that makes it fun, but I wouldn't be so surprised if the makers of either Fight Club or Calvin & Hobbes admitted to this.
However, I'm not so gullible as to fall for it. It's clearly not supposed to be serious.
Quote by telecaster93

Chill out, dude. It's an extremely well written piece, and clearly your sarcasm-o-meter needs a battery.
Awesome find. Really funny
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
That was stupid. It brought up a few good points but they were always blown away with somethine completely stupid.
Founder and Gaz of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim club. PM me to join.

The Metal Militia
"Banging that head that doesn't bang!"

Quote by -Vogel-
All bow down for the mighty Holy Wars
Quote by HolyWars90
That was stupid. It brought up a few good points but they were always blown away with somethine completely stupid.

I'm going to venture a guess that it wasn't made to be taken seriously...
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
It's really nice to think about and I definitely see the relationship , though I ultimately picture Fight Club/ Calvin and Hobbes as two different worlds. Different cosmos, even.

by the way, I'm a HUGE fan of both.
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
This is great. I love how there are discussion questions. If I become an English teacher, I am definitely using this.

I thought the same thing.

I especially liked:

"3. If Calvin really wanted to change things, why didn’t he just dust off his old cardboard-box time machine and hop in? Discuss."

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I can see the similarities, and can see why the writer might have drawn those conclusions, but it's a bit farfetched.

If I ever become a teacher, I am so using this (I am considering becoming a teacher)
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
It might have been a stretch but it was definitely interesting enough.
Quote by Hot_Money420
Banned because I know a certain girl who used to think chocolate milk came from brown spotted cows....that young girl was a boy...and that boy was me....

Quote by aig91
Banned because listen to Sara. She speaks the truth.

Join the F.U.C.K.!
That's kind of scary actually.
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO