My local music store has a gibson j-50 (1967 at that) for sale for 1300 USD. Is this about the right price, or to much or to little or what? Sonicly i love this guitar, its everything I could ever want in an acoustic
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
That depends on...

- what kind of shape it's in
- original tuners in working condition?
- soundboard intact and not warped?
- chips or scrapes in the wood?
- spider cracks in the finish?

Like anything vintage, the more original it is and the better condition its in, the more you'll pay.

At a guess, that would be good for a guitar that's all original, in perfect playing and functional condition, and average aging and fret wear.

Check ebay and craigslist for other to see how it compares though.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
Its in ok condition, not mint looking and not without wear, but it doesnt seem to have any major defects or cracks or the like. The tuners are original and work well.

Well, my local shop had a 1970's J-50 that was in really good condition for $1075 (sounds amazing) , so if your shop's Gibson is in as good of a condition (and sounds as good) as you say it is, then I say go for it.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold."
Quote by GiBsOn_PuRe
Well, my local shop had a 1970's J-50 that was in really good condition for $1075 (sounds amazing) , so if your shop's Gibson is in as good of a condition (and sounds as good) as you say it is, then I say go for it.

I doubt the condition is as good, but its playable and looks and feels well loved (a look and feel I like, aswell) and concidering it has such a fantastic wonderful godly sound, I'm seriously thinking of it