Okey so I have my first guitar an Ibanez SA220 and I really love the sound of it but some times I've got the feeling it doesn't pick up everything I play very well. So my question is: would new pickups help or should I wait untill I upgrade my amp in the future?
I wouldn't like to upgrade my amp because it has everything I need and the sound fits in my band. So would new pickups help? yes or no. If yes then what would you recommend for Hard Rock, Modern rock and Metal which have a great tone.
My influences are Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Zakk Wylde, John 5, Joe Satriani, Iron Maiden, Nine Inch Nails, Vive La Fête, Children Of Bodom, Queens of The Stone age, ...
I don't really need the tone from those bands from the 70's because I use my firebird for that, but it's welcome if it could handle that sound also.

Thanks in advance!
Gear:
Ibanez SA220
Epiphone Firebird V
Fender Stratocaster USA 1979
VOX AD100VT
Pickups aren't the problem I can tell you that much.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
new pickups would help. DiMarzio and Seymour Duncan are both really good for having ranges of pu's that can cover most music. but what's really the point of playing the ibanez when you have a firebird and an american strat?
Quote by spiff389
new pickups would help. DiMarzio and Seymour Duncan are both really good for having ranges of pu's that can cover most music. but what's really the point of playing the ibanez when you have a firebird and an american strat?

My firebird is good for 70's rock and modern rock, but on the metal part it fails. The stratocaster is good for that 70's rock and a bit modern rock and I ain't gonna change the pickups of my strato since it still has all it's original parts. + I love the thin neck of my ibanez.
Gear:
Ibanez SA220
Epiphone Firebird V
Fender Stratocaster USA 1979
VOX AD100VT
uhm dunno really, but you should deff upgrade your amp, and as far p/us go itd be a waste of money to upgrade your ibanez, save for either a new guitar or amp, although amp will make the most diff
pickups don`t make too much of a difference on a modelling amp like the vox. It is a pretty good sounding amp but it is designed to make all guitars sound the same (correct me if I am wrong on that), therefore, a pickup change would be a waste of money. I personally suggest a Palomino and an od pedal.