Page 1 of 2
Buy a new one, BC's are all crap, factory made pieces of sh!t, no wonder the price tag, who cares if theirs emgs, everything else sucks, people just fall for them because of their looks, save up for a nice Ibanez or Jackson.
Quote by DSchmitty
Buy a new one, BC's are all crap, factory made pieces of sh!t, no wonder the price tag, who cares if theirs emgs, everything else sucks, people just fall for them because of their looks, save up for a nice Ibanez or Jackson.

Lol. I'm not even going to bother arguing with such colossal stupidity, I'll start building a monument in your honor until someone has got the patience to completely shatter that crap you call a post.

Anyway... What model Warlock is it? Also, what year was it made in, what materials it's made out of, what hardware has it already got, etc?
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by DSchmitty

Ohboy....

I own a Mockingbird and a Widow, and I can tell you they are some VERY nice guitars, don't listen to this guy......

Anyway, it all depends upon the model (some Warlocks are really nice and some are rather cheaply made, just like Fender/Squier, as a comparison)and year.

I can't really give you more advice until you give us some more information.
ha ha... yea..... sure... I'll bite.

Materials needed:
1 can of gasoline
1 firepit
1 match
1 boom box
1 hair metal band cd.

Turn on boom box. Insert CD and turn up really loud... then start to rock out with it. Next, place guitar in firepit. Cover liberally with gasoline. Light match and toss on top. Run like crazy.

OK... sorry, I couldn't help it... it was too easy...
Have you thought about taking it to a guitar shop for a tune up? any pics? what condition is it in? what do you think needs to be done to it other than new strings, adjusting the neck & intonation?
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
you gotta love when someone asks for help, and is met back with "Its all trash buy _____(overrated brand name guitar) and burn that old p.o.s.". Real useful advice.
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
Quote by TheShubes
you gotta love when someone asks for help, and is met back with "Its all trash buy _____(overrated brand name guitar) and burn that old p.o.s.". Real useful advice.

:stickpoke

uh... so what was your advice to the OP? cause, I'm not seeing that you left any useful advice either.....
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
LOL, the stock BCs that come from them are crap until you get into the high amount or sig. guitars. Most of them are pure factory crap, and an explorer would be a great investment (the new reissue of the explorer is made to sound like Metallica
Quote by DSchmitty
LOL, the stock BCs that come from them are crap until you get into the high amount or sig. guitars. Most of them are pure factory crap, and an explorer would be a great investment (the new reissue of the explorer is made to sound like Metallica

Good god you're retarded....

How old is the B.C. Rich? I've heard good stuff about 80's models so it might be worth it.....If it's a lower model it's probably not. (I love my Bronze series somehow but I play my ESP usually)
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by DSchmitty
LOL ESP!, OMG dont even get me started....

I must ask you a question:

Do you now, or have you ever played guitar using a weasel as a pick?

And ESP is IMO the best freakin metal guitar company there is. Nothing beats ESP.

Anyway. Don't listen to the senseless BCR bashing from the tards who have only played the Bronze series crap. Mid to high end BCR are very impressive guitars. IT, NT, NJ Deluxe, WMD, Exotic, Calibre, Dark Arts... there are a lot more series that are good but those are the main ones. I've heard some not so great things about older BCR, though. I would just do some research and see what yours is made of. It will most likely need a pickup change (since it was probably made before they started using decent pickups like Rockfield and EMG).
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee

And ESP is IMO the best freakin metal guitar company there is. Nothing beats ESP.

Anyway. Don't listen to the senseless BCR bashing from the tards who have only played the Bronze series crap. Mid to high end BCR are very impressive guitars. IT, NT, NJ Deluxe, WMD, Exotic, Calibre, Dark Arts... there are a lot more series that are good but those are the main ones. I've heard some not so great things about older BCR, though. I would just do some research and see what yours is made of. It will most likely need a pickup change (since it was probably made before they started using decent pickups like Rockfield and EMG).

ESP's are great if you're willing to shell out the cash for 400 models and up. Schecter IMO is better than ESP cause they build very nice low end guitars with decent wood unlike ESP *cough*agathis*cough*. I do love ESPs though, just saying that Schecter offers better beginner guitars and still has amazing high end guitars.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White w/Gold Hardware
Schecter Gryphon Limited Edition Flame top in Charcoal Burst
Line 6 Spider III 15
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Quote by mafropetee

Lol sigged...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
ESPs are cheap, the only reason people think they are good is because they have so many sigs. (hamett, hetfield, other metal bands-_-), it is actually chinese factory made imported crap, I've owned three ESPs (Truckster, Kh-202, Eclipse), and they were all crap, sure they looked cool but it was all cheaply made.
This is strayin a lil' BC Rich guitars are fine if you stay away from low end. Hell even their new good guitars aren't much dearer than the low end!

Anyway to make it better, I'd suggest some new pickups, some new electronics and new tuners.
Then of course, you can get it painted up pretty cool, all of which will be cheapest if you do yourself but harder to do yourself.
Quote by DSchmitty
ESPs are cheap, the only reason people think they are good is because they have so many sigs. (hamett, hetfield, other metal bands-_-), it is actually chinese factory made imported crap, I've owned three ESPs (Truckster, Kh-202, Eclipse), and they were all crap, sure they looked cool but it was all cheaply made.

ESPs aren't cheaply made once you get to the 400 series and upwards. People buy ESP guitars because of their excellent playability, look and sound. Why do you think so many artists have ESP signature guitars. Don't talk crap, cos on UG people will just destroy you.

BC Rich guitars are great once you get past the Bronze series, you need to give us some more info though dude.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by DSchmitty

Quit spouting bull****. ESPs are fantastic guitars. You're talking about the lower end LTDs. Which are still good value for money. Same for BC Rich.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
80's model BC Rich's are great guitars. If you have one less than 15 years old you may not want to invest time and money in upgrades, unless you love it and are going to keep it, and unless it is one of their more expensive line. Today's higher-priced BC Rich's are still good guitars.
Quote by DSchmitty

That, right there, is THE stupidest thing I have ever, EVER heard.

Please, grab a shotgun and turn it on yourself before you pollute the world anymore with your genes.

To the TS: I'd go into another forum, honestly. Theres just too many underaged assholes polluting this site. Try BC Rich's official forums.
Hey you can get soem decent help on here, if you look past the retards sayign BC rich suck and then the people arguing with them you MAY find some helpful posts.

Oh and if it is an agathis made one (low grade agathis, ie bronze or silver series) I'd suggest gettign active pickups as they work indepently on their own circuit so this makes the tone less dependant on the wood (or so I've heard).
it is a 90's warlock
with some duncans in it
plays really nice and the body has a gourgous tone
other than that thats all i've got on it
oh and i believe the lockin tuners are sperzel
my real queastions are about the body and the painting process
the body is pretty dinged up (vintage lol)
and correction it is a 1980's
i was wondering about sanding it down and starting on the paint fresh the dings are only about 1/16 of an inch in so no major sanding
thankyou
and for you ESP guys,
i think all guitar companies that make "high end" have their good guitars
stop arguing please
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Hey you can get soem decent help on here, if you look past the retards sayign BC rich suck and then the people arguing with them you MAY find some helpful posts.

Oh and if it is an agathis made one (low grade agathis, ie bronze or silver series) I'd suggest gettign active pickups as they work indepently on their own circuit so this makes the tone less dependant on the wood (or so I've heard).

i think i have an 85 lined up but i'm not sure the semors in it
look wimpy
but they wail

suggustions on pickup sets?

keep a bridge duncan, neck or both
or placement
thanks guys

(for more info)
metal to eric clapton is what i'm playing but remember its a Bc rich
its mostly metal
I'm sure you could sand it off and repaint it and it would be fine.....It might be better to have a pro do it though...

EDIT: I'm not too experienced with pickups but I think you could keep your bridge Duncan and replace the neck for one with nice cleans......I'm quite ignorant to the subject though...
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Feb 6, 2008,
i'm just worried about the eveness of the guitar
its a gourgous guitar without the dings
Quote by billygoatB52
i'm just worried about the eveness of the guitar
its a gourgous guitar without the dings

HMM... you may want to take it to a pro, depending on your level of competency with wood working/painting/electronics.

A pro, may be able to fix the dings with out completely refinishing the guitar... I had my guit done the same way at a local music shop a few years ago and it came out looking brand new.

How dinged up is this guitar? Pictures Please?

I would be worried about the set up of the guitar, neck & intonation and not so much about the dings. Fix those last.... make sure it plays/sounds great first.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Quote by DSchmitty

Are you stupid? Buy something off of the Custom Shop, you'll be amazed (a 500-700usd guitar on there is about the equivalent of a 1000-1500 high end Ibanez or Jackson custom shop issue) and...to the guy, photobucket...photobucket photobucket!
Quote by DSchmitty

That was hilarious! Good show!
Your use of cliche' and facetiousness to display the ignorance of people who actually post ill-informed lemming-like crap like this was brilliant! Really, inspired post. 10 on a scale of 1-10. I rarely give out such high marks, but the misspellings really sealed the deal. The run on sentance was just icing on the cake. You, sir win the intertubes.
If a person were interested in refinishing an older BC Rich, I would contact Jay on the www.bcrichplayers.com forum. He does excellent work.
sry guys,
i didn't have a working camera
and its already out and done
thanks for the help
Just to throw this out.... I have both a BC Rich and an LTD. I'm not a teenage or twenty-something newbie. I've been playing for over 25 years.

My BC Rich is an '80's model NJ series Rich Bitch. Aside from the fact that it looks like I should be playing in a Poison tribute band, it plays bloody awesome. The neck is SO comfortable and fast, up to and including the cutaway to the 24th fret. It's light as anything, and responsive. I can squeal any note any time all day long. My only criticism is that, though a very high output on the pickups, kind of thin.

It is now my back-up guitar. I wanted to move up to something better. I bought an ESP/LTD MH400. I tried the competitive lines from Ibanez and Jackson. I chose the LTD. (apparently the Ibanez guitars really come to life when you do an expensive pickup swap..... the LTD was all that right out of the box!) Aside from looking VERY fantastic, it sounds killer. The body is *mahogany* with a quilted maple top. Fit and finish are outstanding, the licenced Floyd Rose stays in tune pretty rock solid, and the overall sound is thick and robust. Surprisingly, even with the EMGs in it, it is not as responsive as the BC Rich, but probably more accurate, I would say. Dialed in the right way, it can even cop a fairly convincing Les Paul lead sound.

Guitars are like anything else. Low end stuff - from the same manufacturer - isn't as good as the higher end stuff, and sometimes manufacturing standards take a hit in the interest of profitability over time. Hyundai started crap and got better. Ford started great and started sucking. Chrysler makes everything from the old Neons (crap) to Lambourghinis. Whatever.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Last edited by axemanchris at Feb 22, 2008,
Hi , As you can probably tell its really up to personal opinion , I love Bc Rich guitars !!!! Ive been playing them as my weapon of choice for years , I personally love the warlocks !!!!!!!
In my opinion Id stay away from the cheaper ones ie- the bronze series but the NJ & platinum or platinum professional series & the us made Bc Richs are great axes if they are set up correctly , To be frank I say if it has a floyd rose tremolo or similar it is a decent model . I play a NJ Speedloader Warlock (it has a floyd rose tremolo with no machine heads !!!!) It looks & plays great , I also have an 80s platinum series Warlock both of these guitars played like crap until they were set up ie- ( action & intonation set correctly ) But now they are both awesome axes they look & sound great , & soon I am actually adding more Warlocks to my collection !!!!! They hardly ever go out of tune , All up I have owned about 12 different Warlocks & I can say this from experience that they are fantastic guitars !!!!!

Also Id just like to say to all those that bag Bc Rich -

It is all about personal taste & opinion & mine is -

That for years Bc Rich has been the first choice for many great guitarists in bands like - Slayer , Motley , Gnr , Wasp , La Guns , Dio , Murderdolls , Kiss , Posion , Morbid Angel , Overkill , Lita Ford & many more & If these guitars are good enough for the above artists & many others but not good enough for you .................. I really dont know who you think you are !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think you really cant go past a BC RICH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by phukkah

That for years Bc Rich has been the first choice for many great guitarists in bands like - Slayer , Motley , Gnr , Wasp , La Guns , Dio , Murderdolls , Kiss , Posion , Morbid Angel , Overkill , Lita Ford & many more & If these guitars are good enough for the above artists & many others but not good enough for you .................. I really dont know who you think you are !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think you really cant go past a BC RICH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you just made my argument for me.
Got any Aqua-Net to go with that guitar?

Ok... Ok... before the BC Rich Fan Boys come out with the flames....
sorry I couldn't help it... it was too easy, I am sure they are fine guitars... but you can NOT deny the stigma attached to em... I mean.. just look at that list of bands.....(I forgive Slash and his Mockingbird.... since I know his number 1 is a Les Paul)

oh yea, by the way.... thanks for the THREAD RESURRECTION!
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
The people that flame about B.C Rich's is the ones thats only played the bronze series warlocks and have touched none of the higher end B.C Richs....i once heard on here you can't judge a brand by one product...... but if you have a bronze series.....i say get the pickups changed and it should sound good (depending on what pickups you buy)..........i have a $400 warlock and it sounds great.........my uncle plays a B.C Rich rave II and he's been playing on it for years....and it's never let him down once.... soo don't judge a brand by one product............
Yeah there's a bunch of experienced BC Rich users on this site, check the BC Rich Lovers thread.

If it's a BC Rich from the 80's it should be a great guitar! Don't bother reading that guy's post about how BC Rich is stupid. It's not, they're a great brand with a fantastic Custom Shop.

For those haters out there, like a bunch of other people said, check out some $700+ or possibly a CUSTOM SHOP BC Rich, those are the BEST guitars. They're hand-made.

Page 1 of 2