If you want alot of cool, useable effects, get the Zoom G1. It is most likely the best 50 bucks i have ever spent.
Hello
They're alright if you want to learn about effects, but there not good enough to gig with IMO.

Good chorus effect is the Small Clone.
Whammy is the Digitech Whammy Pedal
Volume- Ernie Ball
Delay- Boss DD series
Phaser- Phase 90, Nano Small Stone
Flanger- Electric Mistress

I can go on for ever, but it would help to know what kind of music you play.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I have the fab chorus and it is decent, incredible for the price. But what ever you do don't buy the fab flange or echo, cause they both suck. I'm confident that you could gig with any fab pedal except for the flange and echo, and I don't know about the fab metal cause I've never used one...
personally i wouldnt buy any of the danelectro fab range i had a couple of the fab pedals and they were pretty crap, they were really noisy and made a terrible clicking noise (which came through the amp) when u switched them on. I think the best budget/starter type pedals are probably the behringer range of pedals, and also the zoom multi effects units they're pretty good.
rocktron WahWah, great sound, durrable, and 3 different settings
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
Quote by david_highland
I have the fab chorus and it is decent, incredible for the price. But what ever you do don't buy the fab flange or echo, cause they both suck. I'm confident that you could gig with any fab pedal except for the flange and echo, and I don't know about the fab metal cause I've never used one...

I agree it seems the chorus is the only pedal which is remotely useable. I have both the chorus and the overdrive and whearas the chorus is useable the overdrive is just s**** through a good amp.

They are great to learn about effects, but not suitable for gigging etc...
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
I tried a few FAB pedals, like the chorus and OD but found them muddy, noisy, and cheaply made...the bypass was the worst ive ever heard as well...

I suggest a Yamaha Magicstomp MKII which is always on ebay.
Its a great sounding multi FX pedal at a nice price.
I got mine new for $70 when MF was selling them all out a few years ago.

The FAB pedals are not all that great and I wouldn't waste my money on them all, I would rather get one multi FX unit.
Last edited by moody07747 at Feb 5, 2008,
The Chorus is actually quite good, as is the Echo, don't see why you guys are dissing it.....but yeah, Chorus is only $15 anyway, no big loss if you end up not liking it.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
I had the flanger...it died in 2 days...and it didn't sound all that great either...it made these wierd clicking noises if you had the knobs a certain way...and you couldn't even tell the difference with it on or off when using distortion...I could only hear it with cleans...
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
They're alright if you want to learn about effects, but there not good enough to gig with IMO.

Good chorus effect is the Small Clone.
Whammy is the Digitech Whammy Pedal
Volume- Ernie Ball
Delay- Boss DD series
Phaser- Phase 90, Nano Small Stone
Flanger- Electric Mistress

I can go on for ever, but it would help to know what kind of music you play.

sorry bout that, i play stuff from Metal(Ozzy/Sabbath) to stuff like QOTSA(Stoner-ish rock)

Next purchase: Peavey Vypyr 30 Combo Amp
Quote by Weavel33
I had the flanger...it died in 2 days...and it didn't sound all that great either...it made these wierd clicking noises if you had the knobs a certain way...and you couldn't even tell the difference with it on or off when using distortion...I could only hear it with cleans...

Huh. All of mine still work, though I never really liked the flanger. Had one or two usable settings, and the rest is just weird noise.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
I don't think you need a whammy or volume pedal would be necessary then.

If you want effects get a noise reducer if you've got alot of static, phaser or flanger if you want a fun effect, chorus if you want to had depth to your cleans and a delay for solos.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by Wulver
Huh. All of mine still work, though I never really liked the flanger. Had one or two usable settings, and the rest is just weird noise.

Well, the thingis made of plastic...when you open it up, you have access to all the circuit boards and all that. The battery is also very hard to jam into the thingy, so if you try too hard and bump something...yeah...so it's pretty easy to screw it up...I don't know if that's what I did or not cus I was using an AC adapter w/ mine the last time I used it before it broke.
Last edited by Weavel33 at Feb 5, 2008,