Anybody else here hate ticketmaster with a passion? Not only do they not release all good seats when the tickets go on sale and sell the best seats to brokers, but they also charge a ridiculous amount of fees! A $14 convenience fee, a $1 building facility fee, they even charge you $2.50 to print out the damn ticket!!

Is there any way to buy tickets to big shows for face value other than ticketmaster?
pfft! in the UK ticketmaster charge you £4.50 for delivery (about $9) and it's the ****ing samefor venue pick-up!

WTF??? I have to pay you £4.50 for doing nothing???
fuckin' a man. not really a way out of it, unless you wanna take your chances with a scalper
Quote by freedoms_stain

WTF??? I have to pay you £4.50 for doing nothing???

Exactly man! In fact, I have to pay 2.50 to use my own printer ink!
Quote by master
Anybody else here hate ticketmaster with a passion? Not only do they not release all good seats when the tickets go on sale and sell the best seats to brokers, but they also charge a ridiculous amount of fees! A $14 convenience fee, a $1 building facility fee, they even charge you $2.50 to print out the damn ticket!!

Is there any way to buy tickets to big shows for face value other than ticketmaster?

you sound surprised?
no way around it if it's a ticketmaster venue.

Of course...other then buying the actual ticket at the ticket office. But i've known some shows where you can ONLY buy through ticketmaster.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
i felt a bit ripped off when i paid almost £100 for my gf and me to see jack johnson in july, but at least we're going, i'm not complaining =]
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Yea.. it irks me when I want to go see a cheap show only to watch the price double when I go to order the tickets. I have canceled on more than one occasion because of it.
Quote by ckellingc
puffycow, you rock

Quote by Krieg Commando
Puffycow, you've got mojo

touch me
I get mine from seetickets.com

Plus there are hundreds of other websites to get them from.

If you want the good seats you'll probably have to look on ebay. The greedy bastards always buy the front block ones and sell them at like twice the face value price :@