I don’t know much about the different pedals available but basically I want to be able to record a loop, of a few different chords for example, and then be able to play over the top of it. I have looked on e-bay but like I said I don’t really know what I’m looking for. I have £100 to spend and any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
use audacity?
Jackson RR3
ESP LTD MH-250NT (EMG 81-85)
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Harley Benton Cabnet
Blackstar Distx Valve Distortion
Boss DD3
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Noise-Gate
A Member Of The Jackson Players Group
I don't know how much 100 (pounds?) is but if it is similar to $100 than I would save a little longer and get something that you won't grow out of. My experience is that it's worth the exta $ to go for the good stuff.
it's closer to 200 dollars.

The boss rc 2 seems like a good option.
You could try to get a delay with a built in looper like the Akai Headrush or the EHX stereo memory man with Hazarai.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
The RC2 is a nice looper pedal for every day around the house use but I would probably go with the RC20XL or JamMan for stage use.

Audacity is a recording and editing program, it would not help here because you would be stuck to a PC all day and you would need expensive gear like an interface to make it work well.
i have an akai headrush. i mostly use it for delay (which is what i bought it for), and actually never use the looping with my band. i do use it as a songwriting aid though. its pretty good. its very simple to use, and its pretty much perfect for what i use it for, which is just fairly simple looping with the occasional overdub. cost me less than £80 new too, which was nice.

i'd also look into the rc-20 (actually, rc-2 is probably closer to your range). it is pretty good from what i've heard and experienced. but if you just want very simple looping as a songwriting aid, probably overkill, and a headrush would be simpler whilst also giving you a pretty great delay.

maybe look into a line6 dl4 too. its a delay pedal, but it does have looping. they're pretty awesome, but notoriously unreliable, and about twice the cost of a headrush with (i would say) inferior looping, so if you only want looping or if delay is something you aren't massively fussed about, i wouldnt go for it. but if you want a nice new delay anyway as well as a looper and have the money its worth a look. out of your price range, but as i said, if you're after a delay too at some point, could be worth saving for.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by david_highland
Euros...

no, pounds.

€ is euros.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Cheers for all your help, this is the first time I have posted a thread and did not expect replies this fast. Thanks to Gurgle!Argh! and anyone else who suggested the akai headrush I think I’m going to go for one of them.
I think that's the one used by KT Tunstall, and she uses loops like crazy so good choice I say.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
I was wondering, between the Boss RC20 and the Akai Head Rush, which is better for live use. I have a Boss DD6, but when I use the 'Hold' function there's a slight pause when it loops, also it's only around 5 seconds long. I've been wanting to sort of recreate the multiple parts that Jimmy Page would do in some of Zeppelin's stuff, like 'Bring it on Home' or what have you.
Thanks