I heard about these guys for the first time today.

Why the hell are these guys not running out country? They seem rather smart and interesting to me.

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_Monster_Raving_Loony_Party

Staple Policies:

Refusing to sign up to the euro, but inviting the rest of Europe to join the pound.

Drivers can go straight over a roundabout when there's no traffic coming "to make driving through Milton Keynes more fun".

Traffic cops "too stupid" for normal police work to be retrained as vicars.

Withdrawal of MPs' £118,000 expenses allowance, and the money "in future be distributed to the poor and needy so that they can waste it instead."

Any MP whose constituency sells off a school playing field for development will be required to relinquish their own back garden as a replacement sports facility for the school.

All motorways to become massive cycle tracks instead

All speed cameras will be abolished and replaced by a new device fitted to cars which will automatically slow down to the speed limit when driven though an infra-red beam. (This I don't think is possible)

The introduction of a 99p coin to "save on change" (genious).

My thumb is not on the pulse of Britain...

Anyway, thoughts?

P.S, I don't think this belongs in the political thread because it is too exact a topic. And how can you lock a thread about a political party that was once run by a cat?

Yes. A cat.

The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Because their agenda is retarded.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Didn't they disband after what's-his-face died?
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Yakult
Didn't they disband after what's-his-face died?

No they're still together.

And you're thinking of Lord Sutch (the chap in the picture).

Drivers can go straight over a roundabout when there's no traffic coming "to make driving through Milton Keynes more fun".

Yeahhhhh

That'd be awesome.
I'd vote for them but I don't want my name to be on any voting ballots.
I wish they were slightly more serious, then they may gain real power, the idea about the 99p piece is genius, I was amazed when I first heard it; but wouldn't that just prompt people to sell things at 98p?

I like the idea of inviting Europe - and the world - to join up with Sterling, which is the greatest currency ever.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
The introduction of a 99p coin to "save on change"

I've heard nothing of them since Screaming Lord Sutch died - I just assumed they'd disbanded
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Quote by freddaahh
I like the idea of inviting Europe - and the world - to join up with Sterling, which is the greatest currency ever.

That would simply weaken the £ and eliminate any 'advantage' it has over any other currency's.

I hate being a killjoy.
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
Quote by Vince Noir
The introduction of a 99p coin to "save on change"

I've heard nothing of them since Screaming Lord Sutch died - I just assumed they'd disbanded

Nah they ran in the 2005 GE, apparently. And were, as I said, Cc-run by a cat until it died in 2002.

Quote by DTOE
That would simply weaken the £ and eliminate any 'advantage' it has over any other currency's.

I hate being a killjoy.

That's an annoyingly good point. I do like my sense of British superiority.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by saphrax
Did they not once have a policy saying all Volvo drivers shout be shot?

I wouldn't be surprised.

I think i remember a policy saying that if your cigerette doesn't have weed in it then you have to walk to hull with a stone in your shoe.