I have been looking for a solution all over, and could not find one. Whenever I play a note, no matter how loud, I hear a buzz noise on the amp. This only happens if a note is played, anywhere on the fretboard. Its definitely not the chord, because I have 2 good ones, or the amp's problem. Could someone help me with this please?
do you hear noise on every string fretting at every fret?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
It it static like, or is it more of a vibration sounding buzz?
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
Quote by jj1565
do you hear noise on every string fretting at every fret?

Yes, some more on others, like when I change pickups the higher strings do it more noticably and vice versa. It sounds like static.
Not sure. Could you possibly be picking up some radio stations? What kind of amp is it?
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
Quote by WyldChylde
Not sure. Could you possibly be picking up some radio stations? What kind of amp is it?

A new VOX AD50VT-212. I dont know how I would be picking up stations. It only buzzes when I play a note, and my other guitar works fine.
Hmm... sounds like it could be a pick up problem, and if not that maybe a problem with your output jack on the guitar, you should check all of your connections in the guitar, and make sure your output jack is tight. I am probably completely wrong on all of my guesses though.
is the noise heard when the guitar is not plugged into the amp?

if it's an electronic noise, does the noise change when you wiggle the cable in the guitar jack?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i have experienced many problems just like this and i have a couple of solutions for you.

if the problem is in your guitar, then its probably a grounding issue, so you should get it set up and looked at. or get a boss noise suppressor (ebay)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-NS2-Noise-Suppressor-Pedal?sku=151331">http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-NS2-Noise-Suppressor-Pedal?sku=151331

if it is your amp then you might have faulty tubes (depends on what amp) another grounding problem, loose wires, you could be picking up interference again solvable by a boss NS-2.

if the problem is in you wall a very simple fix would be to use a shielded wall spliter you know the things you plug in one outlet which has like ten other plugs, that would give you noise decrease or a Ebtech Hum X which you plug into your wall

www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ebtech-Hum-X-Hum-Exterminator?sku=150452

unfourtunatly it could be anywhere in your setup line so maybe just a premium cable set could fix the problem,
so one way to isolate te problem would be to use your guitar and amp on another outlet or another house

use different guitar on amp,

use guitar with different amp,

use different cables, etc.
GT

05 3 tone sunburst deluxe strat
line 6 spyder III 30 watt

epiphone special II les paul
SD-50CE silvertone acoustic electric