I've always used guage 11 on my Epi LP for some reason.. they just always seemed to work good with standard Eb and Db and even E. Then I realized that 11s are actually kind of thinker than what is normally used and so I tried tuning Drop C and learned some Killswitch and Atreyu... C is almost okay, but when I tune to drop B, the tension is so horribly loose and "flappy" feeling and just pressing down too hard on the strings makes it sound out of tune, and string buzz is pretty bad. I figured 11s would be great for Drob B... Does strings guage even go up any for electric guitar? what is my problem...
For tuning that low, you want to try .12's or .13's. They will keep the tension better.
Quote by Gummy Balls
Who the hell posts that they made up a chord on a guitar forum? He should of just called this thread " flame the shit out me".

~Founder of the Pokemon Appreciation Club~
dude you can get gauges up to like 14.
VAN HALEN - March 13 at the Izod

Quote by xchiefx
What kind of idiot mows the street
Wow. I didn't know it went up to 14.. So is that what people use for Drob B and stuff? Because I'm thinking of getting another guitar for drop B and C so I wont have to tune all the time...

Edit:
Baritone? That's a good thought...
Quote by Ignite
Wow. I didn't know it went up to 14.. So is that what people use for Drob B and stuff? Because I'm thinking of getting another guitar for drop B and C so I wont have to tune all the time...

Edit:
Baritone? That's a good thought...

Yeah, baritone would be great for you.

You can tune as low as your little heart desires, and keep the same gauge of string that you use right now.
Yeah, just don't get another damn epiphone.

If you want a not-baritone for good drop tunings get an ibanez. A lot of good Ibanez's are cheaper than Epiphones... unless you have one from a player's pack or a special.
Yeah I learned my lesson with Epiphone. My LP studio was nothing but problems. After I did some work on it, it's been okay except for a few things. But my next guitar is going to be a Gibson, Ibanez, or PRS.
Haha, man they make strings bigger than .14's. I've used .22's before. Only for rythm work though, i could barely bend up a whole step.
“Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act.” - Leonard Cohen

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius
Dick Dale used .18s on most of his guitars. Maybe you should get a light top, heavy bottom set. I prefer GHS Dave Mustaine sigs, but GHS is just a good brand in general (in my opinion).
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by SupremeACL
Dick Dale used .18s on most of his guitars. Maybe you should get a light top, heavy bottom set. I prefer GHS Dave Mustaine sigs, but GHS is just a good brand in general (in my opinion).

+1

Definitely, GHS IS the best .