Celestion 1015, 8ohms, 10", 2 of em, $50? I kind of want to build a stereo cabinet, but I'm going on a 2 year mission on monday, so I wouldn't be able to start anytime soon. Should I get them and wait?
buy them and send them to me I'll put'em in my truck I'll send u the money

just kiddin I guess thats a good deal make sure they work
Personally not knowing a lot about speakers, you said you're going away for two years, so your best bet is to buy them after and make the cabinet

(to state the obvious)

Good luck on your mission
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
I should also say, I'd want them for an electric guitar amp, but apparently they were designed for acoustic cabs. I mean, could I find a deal like this again (easily), and are they worth it? I'm having troubles finding reviews.
Quote by flashbandit
Celestion 1015, 8ohms, 10", 2 of em, $50? I kind of want to build a stereo cabinet, but I'm going on a 2 year mission on monday, so I wouldn't be able to start anytime soon. Should I get them and wait?
IMHO, no.

You can get new 1015's for about $50 each, brand new.
The deal is good, but not great.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
They are brand new, never used apparently, I guess I should've said that. Do you know anything about these speakers specifically? I couldn't even find them on Celestion's site.
Upon research, I'm realizing more and more that these might be fakes since they're not even on the Celestion website, does anyone know anything about the Truvox 1015s?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Huh, that site made it seem like they're from the 40s!? The guy said definitely they're new. From those specs, is there any glaring reason not to drop $50 on them?

And thanks SYK, you're always a big help!
Thanks EC!

So, do I get the speakers?

EDIT: I just realized, I could make a little cardboard cab and plug them into my VJ before I go!
Last edited by flashbandit at Feb 6, 2008,
I picked them up today, and I have a couple questions. Is the output from an epiphone VJ dangerous? I don't have any cab for them, but I want to test them out. Also, the VJ is like 5 watts, so as long as the speakers are both rated more than 5 watts, I'm fine right?
Yeah I had a speaker wired to my VJ (not in a cab) for like 6 months and it never caused any harm.
Quote by flashbandit
I picked them up today, and I have a couple questions. Is the output from an epiphone VJ dangerous? I don't have any cab for them, but I want to test them out. Also, the VJ is like 5 watts, so as long as the speakers are both rated more than 5 watts, I'm fine right?
I'm sure those speakers can handle much more than 5 watts.
The lows won't sound like anything at all, without a cabinet, though.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by flashbandit
But am I fine to plug these in un-cased? IE, would the amps output hurt me if I touched it? Only one way to find out... ... ... ... nah, but seriously?
You shouldn't be in any danger from the signal at the speaker output. I wouldn't put the leads on your tongue, but otherwise, no worries.

Having the speakers just laying on the floor will allow you to test that they work, but won't really give you a clue about how they sound in a cabinet.

Also, don't try to put too much bass through them.
Without a cabinet separating the backwave from the frontwave, the cones will move freely.
If the cone moves too far, you can damage the voicecoil by slamming it into the magnet assembly.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Well, I hooked em up and they actually sound great! At first I was scared pissless because they weren't working, a voltmeter and 5 minutes later and I found that a little alligator jumper was faulty... didn't expect that!

Anyways, this was a great buy and something to look forward to in 2 years!