I just wanted to say Hey, and somebody please help me figure out how to get my computer to open these power tabs..I already have the zip file installed but every time I click on to download a power tab, a box pops up and says it does not reconize the file.. I can't figure it out.. Can someone give me a little insight.. Thanks......
^from the sound of it, he's got the zip file of powertab on his computer, but Scotty, did you unzip it? because you have to unzip the program with a program like winzip to get it to work.
I have a zip file on my computer in my documents and the instructions said to extract the files ,which I did ,but when I go to download the power tab it will say it does not reconize the file.. I'm totally confused and unfortunatly not great on opening files like this.. Thanks for the reply;s I just got a JS 1200 Ibanez Satriani model and trying to download some Satch stuff to play. The live version of Rubina...
Last edited by Scotty V at Feb 6, 2008,
Wait, so you've installed powertab? I'm just a little confused because I don't think you download ptb(the powertab files) as a zip file. It just says (songname).ptb.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
OK, I found a tab to download, When I do that , a box pops up and says it can't open it.. I think it did download one time and it went into my documents and then I tried to open it and it basically says the same thing.. I am doing this from memory right now .. I have tried so many things that I am not sure what do do.. I need the directions from the begining. I have to check if I have installed powertab.. How do you do that?????
Actually I just tried it on the computer at work and when you go to download the tab , it ask you if you want to save it. I click on save. It ask you where. Thats when I sent it into my docs. Then when you go to my docs and click on it .. it says windows doesn't reconize this file...
two easiest options, in your START menu, select "All Programs" and check for a "Power Tab Software" menu.

OR (in WinXP) select Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and see if Power Tab is in the list.

If no, you don't have it installed. hope it helps

EDIT: Reading tab at work? Are you networked? Because if you're on a work-network then most System Admins don't let you install programs yourself.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Thanks,, I'll check it when I get home..I'm in the car biz and it's raining so I had some free time.. How do you install power tab??
: Thanks for the info.. I was just trying to download a song that I wanted to figure out ,but it was powertab so I downloaded it and that;s when it wouldn't open the file.. But I do have power tab in my computer and the latest version of adobe reader which it says I need in the power tab help sec. Still trying at this point.. Your band sounds good Dant-33. . I'm a blues guy at heart, but Satriani is my favorite. I also have alot of favorite blues guys to,, but I try to learn alot of Joe..
it sounds like you extracted the install file but never installed it. open up the file you extracted, and go through the install process. once the program is installed the tabs can be read.
from daylight...
...into darkness