Does the neck length effect a guitar's ability to drop tune?
For example, can a 25.5 scale guitar tune to Drop C easier than a 24.75 could?

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Not sure. But i kno baritones, which have like a 28" scale length i think, are often tuned down pretty far. i think that a 25" scale guitar's strings might not go floppy like they would on a 24.75" would.
I am not entirely sure, but I know that guitars are specifically designed on the professional level for lower tunings. I think this is one of those things where string guage, scale length and intonation will all play a part...

I tune a couple of my guitars down a whole step and often use dropped C tuning and I haven't really had any problems. I know a lot of guys that hit the studio in that tuning and even lower and never have issues too.

But I'm curious to see what other will say...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by MakeItWitChu
Does the neck length effect a guitar's ability to drop tune?
For example, can a 25.5 scale guitar tune to Drop C easier than a 24.75 could?

generally, yeah.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?