I'm a bit tight on an upgrade here, I'm going to be spending quite some dough on a stack, my old RG 150R(Ibanez) ain't doing the trick anymore, I was going to upgrade it with EMGs , or get an Explorer Reissue, which would you recommend?
With your current amp, I'd recommend keeping the pickups stock, seeing as it won't make much of a difference.

The Epiphone is a nice guitar, but it will be quite different from your Ibanez.

I'd recommend trying a lot, as this might point you towards guitars you wouldn't have considered otherwise.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Well I was investing in a marshall or mesa dual rectifier stack, that's what I'm trying to say, so I wanted to save money by buying emgs on my ibanez or would I need to get an all around better guitar like the explorer?
Quote by DSchmitty
Well I was investing in a marshall or mesa dual rectifier stack, that's what I'm trying to say, so I wanted to save money by buying emgs on my ibanez or would I need to get an all around better guitar like the explorer?

Well it depends on whether you still like your Ibanez enough to stick with or if you would like to add something new.

Also, having a second guitar is a good idea.

Since you're massively upgrading your amp, why not save up a bit more more expensive new guitar?

I'm not talking about massive savings, but you might want to try some models that are a bit out of your budget to see if you like those better.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Yeah, I guess in the long run it would be better, plus I could upgrade my Ibanez as well for gigs, thanks!