so the local music scene around hear is dying, and its a real shame. most new bands are really ****ty death metal bands. there is no more local venues to play at because most of them have been shut down due to lack of people at shows and/or fights. its very frustrating being in a local band having to work with a dead scene. theres nothing but a bunch of 14 year old scene kids with their hair and makeup. it just sucks...

anyone experiencing similar problems??
Quote by Ross724
whats harder than nailing a dead baby to a tree

nailing a live baby to a dog
Quote by cire sirrah
so the local music scene around hear is dying, and its a real shame. most new bands are really ****ty death metal bands. there is no more local venues to play at because most of them have been shut down due to lack of people at shows and/or fights. its very frustrating being in a local band having to work with a dead scene. theres nothing but a bunch of 14 year old scene kids with their hair and makeup. it just sucks...

What part of jersey are ya in? cause its pretty dead by me too.
Well maybe if you were any good you might get a gig........

Nah, I'm kidding....
Quote by cire sirrah

Yea, Jersey FTW.
Actually the main local band place to play is closing down and that's probably gonna kill pretty much the whole punk scene where I live.
"Waltz it up! The pit is it!"
Quote by kiennM
What part of jersey are ya in? cause its pretty dead by me too.

south , like glouster and camden county area
Quote by Ross724

You could complain about it or you could put in some effort and do something about it...

Hair and makeup doesn't kill a local music scene. Apathy does.
Quote by cire sirrah

Camden County as in my name is earl trailer park hicksville USA??
Originally posted by Meths
You need serious amounts of therapy.

Quote by jagstang270
One should not try to masturbate while Dragoneforce is in the background
you just can't keep up.

Quote by waylay00
DragonForce? Sounds like some early 90's children's cartoon or action hero lineup.
Quote by cire sirrah

Ah, yeah im up north in Bergen. We don't have much, a few death metal bands that are alright. But its just standard bull****, nothing really new or fresh. Uhhh, other than that theres some cool punk and crust bands. To be honest, nothings really going on up here either.
the screamo scene took over here years ago, and more recently the 'death metal/ hardcore' thing has been taking off.

i havent gotten involved in any of it personally, but its still sad there used to be a lot of great punk bands around here (real punk mind you, not the force-fed tv punk youve all become acustomed to)

man, screamo sucks.....
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
Quote by sargasm
You could complain about it or you could put in some effort and do something about it...

well i didn't say that hair and makeup kills scenes, they just suck in general.

and if you think busting your ass traveling around and playing shows for free isn't putting effort into the scene, then i dont know what is
Quote by Ross724

Quote by sargasm

spoken like a true prophet.

and dont you think busting your ass traveling around and playing shows for free isn't putting effort into the scene, then i dont know what is

i think he means playing house shows and squats, etc. starting back from the drawing board.
#DTWD
I live in New Cumberland. It's a small town outside Harrisburg and it sucks around here. The only place my band has to play our actual show is at school. There are no clubs except for this one bar. And they think we're to young to be playing there (which we kinda are.) But anyway, im feeling your pain brother.
scenes are dying everywhere, the local punk clubs and small venues cant make it because most people whose "life is liek totally about music" dont actually go out to see any bands unless they play huge festivals or arenas. i remember after i graduated high school, i moved that summer to a town that was an underground paradise, pawn shops, record stores, thrift stores, and like 4 or 5 really good clubs, but they're all long gone.

its even harder as a band, but one thing you can do is put on a DIY show. find some old building, a friends basement, etc and just promote the **** out of it.
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

i remember in high school there was one bar that would let my band play. so after all our friends would come out to see us, we'd get stuck with the 2am slot and all our friends would be long gone by then

but the disturbed cover band, they got there slot they wanted.

**** em all
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
im sorry to hear that...

the music scene here in charlottesville is AMAZING
guess its the dave matthews band effect...

but ever since the stones came weve been getting major bands here that have been boosting our scene my a lot, to give you an idea, Van Halen is coming on the 22nd
but we have at least one band for everything from death metal to jazz fusion

but yea sorry to hear about your dying scene
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
Quote by divinecrossfire
im sorry to hear that...

the music scene here in charlottesville is AMAZING
guess its the dave matthews band effect...

but ever since the stones came weve been getting major bands here that have been boosting our scene my a lot, to give you an idea, Van Halen is coming on the 22nd
but we have at least one band for everything from death metal to jazz fusion

but yea sorry to hear about your dying scene

Getting big touring bands through is not the same as having a music scene.
yeah our scene sucks too =[
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
My scene is ****ing ace in chicago there are 2 scenes i alternate between Diycrust scene and the south side hardcore scene.
Rockford, elgin, and south burbs are all developing there own scenes as well, mostly just bands from chicago. I mostly flyer record stores to help.

Oh were suppose to be bummed?
Quote by fagelamusgtr
I live in New Cumberland. It's a small town outside Harrisburg and it sucks around here. The only place my band has to play our actual show is at school. There are no clubs except for this one bar. And they think we're to young to be playing there (which we kinda are.) But anyway, im feeling your pain brother.

yeah, i live in hanover, a little south of harrisburg, close to gettysburg

there are literally no places where people play at all. theres nothing to do around here in general, really
stuff:
guitar.
amp.
acoustic.
Quote by crustyreed
My scene is ****ing ace in chicago there are 2 scenes i alternate between Diycrust scene and the south side hardcore scene.
Rockford, elgin, and south burbs are all developing there own scenes as well, mostly just bands from chicago. I mostly flyer record stores to help.

Oh were suppose to be bummed?

I've been thinking of moving to Chicago. Part of me wants to move there because there's a thriving scene, but another part of me wants to stay here because there's a struggling one. I'm thinking of starting a collective or something to put on all ages shows, and I've been talking to some of the experienced promoters in town about it.

We'll see how it plays out.
we have no scene. theres a few garage bands and such, but when they play gigs all they do is freestyle. our venues are alright though. mostly bigger bands that everybody knows of play there though
OMG...i'm a girl.

GOO INDIGO TEAM!

X