well, i bought a triple rec, owned for a week, played it hours and hours trying to get a awesome lead tone.
I couldn't get anything that suited me.
I took it back to guitar center.
Its between a Bogner Uberschall, and/or a Soldano SLO.
I'm already leaning towards the bogner heavily, but maybe you can convince me the Soldano is better. It's really a hard choice, so..looking for opinions.

Bogner Uberschall or Soldano SLO?
Last edited by Snowc0w at Feb 5, 2008,
Someone's going to ask you what kind of music you play and what gear you're using currently, might as well be me.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
try to get your hands on a mark IV from mesa... best amp i've ever played.
I like the SLO over the Uberschall, but if you plan on droping that much cash on an amp you should play the hell out of both of them first, and decide for yourself.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I play music, like...
Afi, avenged sevenfold, atreyu, between the buried and me, dream theater, john petrucci, satch, vai, trivium, etc.
basically stuff with tons of lead.
I personall would go with the slo just because its low end is SO SICK and it has great cleans. Joe Satriani used to play them...so you know you can get come sick lead tones out of it. Have you played the Randall RM100 yet? They are amazing. Check them out too.
joshuaestock.com
Out of those two, the Uberschall; Massive Rhythm tones, Liquid Leads, Nice cleans...killer stuff.

The SLO is argueably better if your going strictly for distorted leads and cleans, but for your tastes i'd say the Uberschall would be better if you do any heavy rhythm work.
Quote by Snowc0w
well, i bought a triple rec, owned for a week, played it hours and hours trying to get a awesome lead tone.
I couldn't get anything that suited me.
I took it back to guitar center.
Its between a Bogner Uberschall, and/or a Soldano SLO.
I'm already leaning towards the bogner heavily, but maybe you can convince me the Soldano is better. It's really a hard choice, so..looking for opinions.

Bogner Uberschall or Soldano SLO?

My fav amps are

1. Bogner Uberschall
2 Mesa Mark iv
3 Engl e670
4Diezel Herbert
5 Mesa Triple Recto
6 Soldano SLO
7 Rivera Knucklehead
8 VHT deliverance
9 Carvin v3
10 Peavey 6505

if you only shred a SLO and a basswood ibanez would stand you well, if you do brutal rhythm playing uberschall or mark iv and a mahogany guitar
Last edited by Raaaaar at Feb 5, 2008,
Quote by Raaaaar
if you only shred a SLO and a basswood ibanez would stand you well, if you do brutal rhythm playing uberschall or mark iv and a mahogany guitar

well, thats the thing, i do a lot more than shredding i actually play musically, and i do articulate single notes slowly in somethings that i write, so i need a good tone for that, but i also do rhythm playing as well,
i guess i just need something that can do it all.
you know, either the slo or uberschall.
Well, quite a bit of the bands you mentioned use Mesa amps, so a Mark IV, or a Roadster from Mesa might do it.

But out of those two, the Bogner.
SLO has my vote. I almost bought one. But, the Road King's versatility just killed everything that I looked at for the price. The Road King was DEFIANTLY pushing my budget. To the MAX!
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Where were you able to demo the Uberschall? Does your local Guitar Center stock Bogners?
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

Quote by FRDesign
Uberschall= best amp ever

where do u get to play bogners??? or the blackheart? or any of those really rare amps that u always recommend?

that pretty much goes to all the people in this thread... personally, and sadly, i never played a soldano SLO or a bogner...

but i have this advice.
watch out on the suggestion/recommendations you get in this thread. bogners and soldanos aren't so easily playable. some (maybe most) people here are just telling you what they've heard, or think they sound like. but i personally want to play both these amps.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
where do u get to play bogners??? or the blackheart? or any of those really rare amps that u always recommend?

that pretty much goes to all the people in this thread... personally, and sadly, i never played a soldano SLO or a bogner . . .
EC: Go to Guitar Center Hollywood. They have a sh*tload of "fancy" amps in stock now and on display for demo. Framus Cobras, Soldano SLOs, VHTs, Diezels . . . Haven't seen a Bogner there yet, though.
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

^haha them just 'having' it there, and me having guts to go up there and play it is a whole different thing.

i know there's this place around so-cal LA area that has all these boutique (i mean boutique.) amps and guitars. and they have a demo room that they lock you up for you to play.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
dang it.
I absolutely love both the SLO shred tone and the rhythm of the bogner, but i can only buy one.
this is big problem.
i wish i could own both.
lol
and they didnt have the bogners at GC, i had to go to a whole other place completely, they have a bunch of botique amps there.
Quote by ECistheBest

that pretty much goes to all the people in this thread... personally, and sadly, i never played a soldano SLO or a bogner...

The Tempe GC here carries Soldano, VHT and Mesa, the Scottsdale one had a Diezel Herbert in one day and Bizarre Guitars in Phoenix carries Bogner.

I personally like the SLO better, it's one of the best amps I've played by far. I found the Uberschall a bit muddy actually but then I didn't have a lot of time to play around with the settings much because they were getting ready to close. Plus, I like the extremely defined sound the SLO has.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Feb 6, 2008,
SLO really point out your mistakes so to say, so you should have your chops down before you buy one, which i belive you probably have, good luck in your search
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
I also personally prefer the Soldano, but I can't say anything even remotely bad about the Uberschall...it's fantastic. I think you'll be happy either way.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
but if you plan on droping that much cash on an amp you should play the hell out of both of them first, and decide for yourself.

+1

i've only tried the soldano avenger and bogner ecstacy, and both were nice. i wouldn't want to have to pick without extensive testing of each head to head, basically.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Both great amps for different reasons. The fact that they're both high end and have high gain is the only similarity.

Uberschall is a great, high gain amp with lots of low end. With less gain, it's pretty good.

SLO also has high gain with lots of low end, but they have different tones and feels. Play them one, one will definitely stand out at the one you HAVE to buy once you play them for a while.

Completely different amps though.

Me - I'd prefer the Soldano because they suit my tone better, and are more versatile for what I need it for.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
well I'm going to buy the bogner cuz it will do what I want exactly,
but I'll prolly end up buying a soldano too, cuz I love the way they both sound and play, but overall I'm buying a bogner uberschall and I'll own just that for now. The soldano is more expensive than a bogner as well.
$3145.00 SLO head
$2799.00 Uberschall head
Last edited by Snowc0w at Feb 6, 2008,