Honestly, i was not too impressed with Sleep Through The Static. A lot of the songs sound the same after a while. I really enojoyed the piano, but i wasnt as big of a fan of the electric guitar mainly replacing the acoustic sounds. I think it may have had something to do with this album being recorded in Los Angeles rather than Hawaii.
Share your thoughts of the album.
FYI: My favorite songs are Angel and Go On
You Can't Really Dust For Vomit
Its Jack Johnson, what did you expect? A CD full of fun catchy songs, not a variety of new and innovative soundscapes.
All my acoustic-playing friends love him. I don't know why...
I'm an electric player only, so I don't relate to his style of music at all. It seems like anybody could do what he does.

---------------------------
My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Dunlop Crybaby Original Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.
---------------------------
yeah his music is so chill its really a unique sound. hes got a great voice
I just listened to it all the way through the first time a little baked so I could really disect the music, and I gotta say I love it. Sure alot of it sounds the same but it's Jack Johnson... his music always sounds the same, but it's always something that can grow on you listen after listen.

He has by far my favorite voice in the music business. There's something about it that just entrances me. My favorites on the new disk were Adrift, Losing Keys, Angel, and Enemy. Just a great listen.
i thought it was really good, but not his best. i think that he couldve used the acoustic more instead of the electric, that's really my only beef with this one. favorite tracks are definitely All at Once, Go On, and Angel
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
absolutley, the guys amazingly talented. in between dreams is my favorite i believe, but this is a close second
This is my least favorite Jack Johnson album so far, next to the Curious George soundtrack (if you count that). My real problem with it is that there aren't many upbeat, catchy songs like there have been on In Between Dreams, Brushfire Fairytales, and On and On. Mostly, it's just really chill electric guitar and piano, which isn't totally a bad thing; I just would've liked to have seen something more energetic, like If I had Eyes.

He writes pretty sick lyrics, though.
yeah, i just picked it up. its good, i think jack has one of the best voices. but i was also disappointed that there wasnt as many upbeat songs, the album for the most part was really slow.
wow i just got the cd i gotta say that its defintly my fave cd of his..i mean it doesnt have any tracks like taylor/better together/bannana pancakes/flake that really stand out but i think overall it really reminds me a lot of f stop blues which is actually my favorite song by him ...the whole abulm seems to be very slow/mellow/chill which personally is when i think Jack is at his best ...but yea the main negative things ive heard from my friends is they think its too slow and not as upbeat and catchy but personally i dont find that as a drawback at all
I still like In Between Dreams better but this one is a solid second.
ED REED BABY
Loved this new album. Haven't listened to it all the way through yet, but I really like the electric guitar in it. It's got a really mellow reggae feel.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I'm not sure why people complain about not enough upbeat songs... the Jack I enjoy most is mellow, me and an acoustic Jack.

On the other hand, Sleep Through the Static is my new favorite song and it's pretty upbeat. After 3 straight days of listening to just this album I'd put it second behind "In Between Dreams".

New favorites: Sleep Through the Static, Losing Keys, and Go On.