So... For those that were paying attention to any of my previous posts, was deciding between pickups and a Windsor Studio, or just go with a new guitar.

Since most people agreed that pickups on my existing guitars wouldn't make THAT much of a difference (and the others that I wanted to try just weren't available to me without me buying 'em first), and the Windsor Studio supposedly isn't all that great (at least at this moment in time, hopefully it's fixed soon), I went with the guitar.

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster MIM

Spent forever checking this thing out to make sure it was "on the level" and I can honestly say it feels and sounds just as nice as an MIA.

Haven't changed strings on it yet since they actually don't seem all that bad, plus I'm admittedly a tad nervous about the tremolo bit. I had one before but it was blocked off.

Any particular opinions on it while I still have a chance to take it back?

Sorry for the long post.

Yay me!
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
^ that was my second choice for a new strat, but i went MIA, mainly because I had the cash, and i liked the neck and bridge. But, for half the price, this is an amazing guitar. Would have got the burst w/rosewood myself, but thats still sexy with red.

I can say however that that is one hell of a good guitar, and the extra pickup combos are really good too. Just make sure that you like the noisless pickups, as they may sound a little less real depending on your amp. Enjoy!!
DOOOOOD that's a sick looking guitar, no word of a lie... I really dig those colors!

I'd say, if it sounds good and feels good, then keep it.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Yeah man, looks very nice. I'm usually not a Fender man myself (in the slightest), but that looks really good. Are those Schaller tuners?

Feckin love the gold hardware. I'm gonna put gold Sperzels on my schecter, and maybe replace all the chrome stuff with gold. I ****ing love gold. Ha

Nice buy, I'd say
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Im sure astrozombiexx is a very knowledgeable person. Only such a person would describe their guitar as "the sunburst one with EMG-HZ's".
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
WOWOWOW! NICE! How much did that run you?

Thanks for the comments everyone! Very much appreciated actually. I tend to feel a little odd whenever I spend a ton of money on something (well, it's a ton of money to me anyway).

Got it for $580 cash out the door, plus hardcase (in the pic), couple sets of strings, and a cheap strap (which will probably be replaced later after my wallet stops screaming in pain).

Personally, and admittedly, I wasn't the biggest Fender fan myself, but considering the amount of guitars I already have with dual humbuckers, I wanted one for something different and to give my collection a bit more flexibility.

I do have to admit, it feels pretty nice and I definitely can't complain about the looks.

Oh, and as far as astrozombiexx is concerned, kids say the most darling things when they have the internet to hide behind... Have fun playing with your stuff, I'll have fun with mine.
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by astrozombiexx
Fender is for pussy ass niggas

Sir, I suggest if you have nothing good to say, then don't say anything. Plus, I dislike your racial slur. Go listen to some rap. It's a guitar, and a damn good one at that. If you don't like it, just politely say so?

*reported*
Quote by Hakael
Thanks for the comments everyone! Very much appreciated actually. I tend to feel a little odd whenever I spend a ton of money on something (well, it's a ton of money to me anyway).

Got it for $580 cash out the door, plus hardcase (in the pic), couple sets of strings, and a cheap strap (which will probably be replaced later after my wallet stops screaming in pain).

Personally, and admittedly, I wasn't the biggest Fender fan myself, but considering the amount of guitars I already have with dual humbuckers, I wanted one for something different and to give my collection a bit more flexibility.

I do have to admit, it feels pretty nice and I definitely can't complain about the looks.

Oh, and as far as astrozombiexx is concerned, kids say the most darling things when they have the internet to hide behind... Have fun playing with your stuff, I'll have fun with mine.

But you bought it off of Guitarcenter, right? So it would be more expensive in a store, right?
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
But you bought it off of Guitarcenter, right? So it would be more expensive in a store, right?

Actually, oddly enough, the website price ($629) was more than the in-store price. Even then, I managed to get a little off that (actually a lot off considering I didn't pay tax), plus the other extras that I wouldn't have gotten online.

Now for those in the know...

Like I said, I've had a tremolo on a past guitar before, but it was blocked off. Being blocked off, it was flush with the body, and I never really worried about it. This one isn't though (tilts up a little), and I was wondering if it's a big enough worry that I should fix and try to level it off with the body, or if it should be ok as it is (allowing me to pull up a little on the whammy instead of just pushing down). I know I can't and don't intend to do major acrobatics with it. The question is more for my piece of mind. Pics below.

if you only want to whammy down, then i would say block it off (i.e. ticghten the springs down/add extra one so that it is flush with the body). Simple reasons - tone, as there is a better transfer of sound from the strings to the body, and so that if wont go out of tune if you break a string during a show, since the bridge wont pull back.

as is its fine if you dont mind the risk of it untuning itself if you break a string. Also the tuning will be more stable with mroe tension on the strings i.e. with the bridge level with the body.

Hopefully i have this all right, im not 100% sure on this, so anyone feel free to correct this here!
^ Thanks for the info. Makes sense. Although I just did something no one probably ever does...

I just read the manual that I got with the guitar.

According to their manual, it's normal, and actually Fender recommended to have approx. 1/8" of a gap at the rear of the bridge.

They're not saying you can't do it, and go about what I need to do to make it flush with the body, but I guess I'll leave it at their recommendation.

I appreciate the response though!
Good choice... I have the same guitar in a different color. I love the sounds with it, distorted as well as clean. I raised the neck pickup to give it a little more intense sound, and I'm glad I did. The only problem I've had with it is that the tremolo arm hits the knobs when I spin it around, and I don't think it should. Having it partially off the body is not a big deal, it's all about preference, You can have it like that (floating) so you can pull up as well as push down, or you can have it flush with the body so it only goes down.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Surprising what you can learn from a manual.

I was actually surprised that GC had all the extras that came with it.
You have just bought yourself a friend for life. Just think! Would new pickups look that pretty? You will never be lonely again!
Nice strat. Congrats...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson DC Pro Custom shop
Fender American Stratocaster - Vintage custom
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Standard Telecaster
Very nice! The tremolo is fine.
Gibson CS-336
Gibson LP classic
Fender strat - '57 reissue
Fender strat - American Standard
Gretsch 5120
Fender Acoustic
Fender Twin Re-verb
Misc pedals
my teacher has the exact same guitar just a diff color its like a yellow but its like 20years old

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

I'm not normally a fan of gold hardware but that looks damn sexy I might even get one at some point I'm sticking with my pacifica atm though because i think i have carpal tunnel syndrome and i don't want to spend loads on a guitar then not be able to play it properly.
My Stuff!

Yamaha Pacifica 112
Vintage V400-12 Solid Top 12 STRING!!!!!
Yamaha F-310
Yamaha FD02 Solid Top
Orange crush 10
Watson XL15
Zoom G2
Encore PK40

Saxophone: Jupiter somethin or other
Wow usually I think rosewood fretboard and/or gold hardware on a Fender = bleuch, but man that is sublime...me wants

*adds Red Deluxe Players Strat to wish list*
Dude, that Strat is BEAUTIFUL! Brilliant choice. May you have many, many happy years together!

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
holy ****... that guitar is beautiful. i dont know what it is about stratocasters that make them so cool..
this guitar = major win. I love Strats...I'm thinking of buying one. Any opinions (maybe I should keep saving for that PRs, though... )
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Yeah that's an awesome guitar, get that one, and then put DiMarzio Fender pickups for it. Also, the pickguard is the same colour as my picks cuz I use Fender thin picks on my Classic 60's LP. But yeah.
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!