Hey guys. So I would like to now if its possible use a Engl 530&velocity 120 (pre & power) and use the speaker of my Crate GX-65 . It's possible? And use only the engl preamp?
cheers!
That's what I've been doing, if I understand your question correctly. I've been using my crappy old Crate GLX15 as a power amp. I also have a 2x12 cabinet, so I take the the speaker output of the Crate and plug that into the the 2x12 using a speaker cable. Whatever you do, DON'T plug the Velocity power amp output into the instrument input of your Crate! (Since your Crate's a combo, it doesn't have an external speaker input.)

Just to be clear, you want to use the Engl E530 ONLY, and plug its line output or instrument output (you can use either) into the instrument input (or FX return) of your Crate, right? Also, DON'T plug the E530's headphone/speaker output into your Crate.
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

To use both your pre and power amp you would have to disconnect the speaker from the crate and solder a jack onto it so you could plug the out from your power amp straight into the speaker.
Quote by Kino22x
To use both your pre and power amp you would have to disconnect the speaker from the crate and solder a jack onto it so you could plug the out from your power amp straight into the speaker.
Right. Just confirm that your impedence setting on the Velocity and the speaker match, should you decide to go this route.
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

The velocity will sound better than the power of my crate, right?
Last edited by Op3a at Feb 6, 2008,
Quote by Op3a
The velocity will sound better than the poweramp of my crate, right?

Any help?