So I go to a high school that doesnt have snow days and hasnt had one for 18 years. Its really annoying because I'm in Illinois and its been snowing non-stop and we're supposed to get more throughout the night. I wouldnt mind if I wasnt scared ****less of driving in the snow thats about to pour down on us.

Our superintendent made an announcement today to be safe and to try to get up earlier to get to school on time....**** that, I already wake up at 6 30, im not about to get up at 5 and then go and shovel snow. Every other school in and around our area was given the day off a couple days ago for the tremendous amount of snow, and they will probably have school off tomorrow. It just pisses me off, I appreciate what our school does for us and everything but the roads really have been dangerous.

/rant

any thoughts? Does anyone else's school exclude snow days?

Edit: so my friend claims we dont have snowdays because our school doesnt use buses to get us to and from school. I find that preposterous, a bus could barely make it through tons snow, let alone my 8 year old malibu.
Quote by Heafyman
"IT'S SO SMALL I DON'T NEED THE APPLICATOR! IT FITS TO MY CONTOURS!!" "YES!! MY LABIA JUST GRABS IT LIKE A BIONIC CLAW AND TRACTOR BEAMS IT IN!!"

Last edited by JaketheSnake123 at Feb 5, 2008,
I don't understand. If a school day was to be called off in Norway, there'd have to be 4-5 feet of snow at least.
I'm a communist. Really.
just don't go if you feel it's too dangerous to drive the roads for it, I mean the school can most likely get in trouble for putting students in danger like that.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
fenrir you legendary legend man

I'm a legendary legend
Quote by Kensai
Maybe there's a connection between intelligence and obesity? Hmmmmm...

Kefka of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
i live on a mountain and everytime it snows here the whole county gets off. i mean like maybe 2.5 to 3 inches. it's almost ridiculus
Quote by JaketheSnake123
So I go to a high school that doesnt have snow days and hasnt had one for 18 years. Its really annoying because I'm in Illinois and its been snowing non-stop and we're supposed to get more throughout the night. I wouldnt mind if I wasnt scared ****less of driving in the snow thats about to pour down on us.

Our superintendent made an announcement today to be safe and to try to get up earlier to get to school on time....**** that, I already wake up at 6 30, im not about to get up at 5 and then go and shovel snow. Every other school in and around our area was given the day off a couple days ago for the tremendous amount of snow, and they will probably have school off tomorrow. It just pisses me off, I appreciate what our school does for us and everything but the roads really have been dangerous.

/rant

any thoughts? Does anyone else's school exclude snow days?

unionise and strike! lenin is with you!

Uhh...

Don't go?

Just call in sick, and enjoy your day.
Quote by justen23
I made fun of the national guard in front of some kid that was in it. He tried to kill me but failed just like they always do.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Haha, ass herpes.
Go on google and search something along the lines of "Virginia snow day tisdadt"

It tells a tale of what a bitchass kid did to his superintendent who wouldn't give them off for an inch of snow that got cleared.

And I got a precautionary snow day this year, in which it didn't even snow.
Ahh, I love CT.
If the roads are bad just don't go to school.
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
Just don't go to ****ing school it isn't like you learn anything in high school anyways. That is unless you were really ****ing stupid before you started going there.

I didn't learn anything in high school though.

TL;DR: Don't go to school if you aren't a dip ****.
I live in Georgia. Even when it DOES snow, our county never gets off.... i know how you feel...
we had a snow day once and it was 45 and sunny...we all woke up, turned on the tv and were like "whattt??"

so we all met up and played halo.

seriously, it was weird.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by synpet713192
Go on google and search something along the lines of "Virginia snow day tisdadt"

It tells a tale of what a bitchass kid did to his superintendent who wouldn't give them off for an inch of snow that got cleared.

And I got a precautionary snow day this year, in which it didn't even snow.
Ahh, I love CT.

where in ct? Im wethersfield and weve had like 2
or 3 snow days usually just delays
that sucks man i live in illinois too and school got canceled on friday last week and might get canceled tomorrow. Just go to school, there's really nothing you can do.
my parents refuse to let me skip school. My step-mom is hellbent on me getting a good education, but she doesnt realize that ive been bull****ting my way through the whole year.

Bull****ting school+good grades while bull****ting school=whatever i want
Quote by Heafyman
"IT'S SO SMALL I DON'T NEED THE APPLICATOR! IT FITS TO MY CONTOURS!!" "YES!! MY LABIA JUST GRABS IT LIKE A BIONIC CLAW AND TRACTOR BEAMS IT IN!!"

Quote by JaketheSnake123
my parents refuse to let me skip school. My step-mom is hellbent on me getting a good education, but she doesnt realize that ive been bull****ting my way through the whole year.

Bull****ting school+good grades while bull****ting school=whatever i want

In that case, tell her she didn't even push you out of her womb, so why the **** should she get to make your decisions, or at least have any part in them? The whole "good education" bit? That never happens, and hasn't for years, maybe if she had a good education she would realize what a bad one that schooling gives these days is.

tl;dr: You better super man this bitch.
Quote by nt1440
where in ct? Im wethersfield and weve had like 2
or 3 snow days usually just delays

Derby... we've had like 4 or 5 snow days, and 3ish delays this year
Coming form a hot country, I'm clueless about your case, sorry.

Adding to the topic, call in sick and enjoy a free day.
I've had like 12 snowdays already in the last 3 months, most likely going to have a snowday tomorrow aswell.