So, I have a Squier Jagmaster. I'm looking to customize it. I already installed a killswitch, I want to put new pickups in it and my be install a new bridge. I play everything basically. I play alot of Tom Morello type stuff, a little buckethead, metal/grunge stuff. There is no price range because I plan to buy them maybe near the end of summer.
RIP Kurt Cobain 1967-1994

Guitar Gear:
Squier Jagmaster (killswitch, dimarzio super dist. &tone zone pups)
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
So is that a SSS setup? If so, Fender makes a noisless pickup set you might look into. You can plug into a high gain amp without the howl.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
Active EMG's if you can get them into that thing and don't mind losing the single coil sound
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I have an ashdown tube amp. But im not sure what setup. Maybe this will help? There is a spec. button if you need it.

http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0320700500

Guitar Gear:
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
Wow, a 24" scale, must have to use some pretty heavy strings on that
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Wow, a 24" scale, must have to use some pretty heavy strings on that

I use ernie ball 10 gauge.

Guitar Gear:
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
Oh, you have dual Hummers. Cool, the world is your oyster man! There are literally tons of Humbuckers out there. Based on what you play, I would probably opt for some actives. EMG's are good, there are others out there. I have some high output passives because I play a wider range of stuff than you. If you want to play some metal, EMG's nail it like crazy. But the downside of EMG's is that they are somewhat limited. They are good for metal, but not a lot else. If you don't care about playing other stuff, then go for the actives. You can usually get a decent humbucker for $100, so you would spend $200 on your pickups. You said that there was no price range, so keep this in mind. If you opt for actives, you will need to replace your pots and input jack. Actives use a battery and will not run from 500K pots. Or maybe you have 250K pots, I am not sure. The actives will use around a 25K pot. So you cannot use your standard pots and jack. If you get high output passives, then you are good to go, just solder them in. I am guessing that all of your electronics are attached to your pickguard? That is a simple job. Wiring a Les Paul takes a lot more patience and a steady hand. Ask some of the people in here what humbuckers they like. You will get many different opinions because we all play different stuff. There is no wrong answer, unless the guy offering advice is a moron, then don't listen to him!
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
Jagmaster? If you're planning on having a pretty large budget, I might think about getting a new guitar completely if I were you. I've seen a lot of mixed reviews concerning Jagmasters. The store I take has lessons from has one that's pretty shoddy, but I've heard they're sort of hit or miss. Just some food for thought.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by MuffinMan
Jagmaster? If you're planning on having a pretty large budget, I might think about getting a new guitar completely if I were you. I've seen a lot of mixed reviews concerning Jagmasters. The store I take has lessons from has one that's pretty shoddy, but I've heard they're sort of hit or miss. Just some food for thought.

I love mine, I don't think i could ever get rid of it.

Guitar Gear:
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
Quote by zoomzilla
Actives use a battery and will not run from 500K pots. Or maybe you have 250K pots, I am not sure. The actives will use around a 25K pot. So you cannot use your standard pots and jack.

True, but all actives I've seen like EMGs and Blackouts come with all the electronics to install them, so it's not like you have to buy the pickups and the electronics too.

And I dissagree, EMGs are very versatile, people don't give them as much credit as they deserve. Slap an 81 in the bridge and an 89 or 60 in the neck and you have a pretty versatile guitar. Granted, if you play a lot of stuff that isn't high gain, I wouldn't even bother with them.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com