Page 1 of 2
I am obsessed with my guitar. If I have a choice between anything and guitar it is always guitar. Of course i still maintain a healthy social life but still. My guitar consumes me. My mother wants me to be a doctor. She is trying to put a hold on my love for music in order to make me a doctor. She says I'm not allowed to buy music stuff ever after this next birthday. (i get a 150$ bass this birthday) I don't know how to deal with this lack of music....please help.
Who says you're not allowed to buy stuff?
If it's your money then do as you please.
Quote by Jminnich500
yea last week me and my freind kyle were in the bathroom at school and this kid was takin a **** so we decided to make a piss arch over the stall and onto his face...it was priceless
tell your mom if she really cares she'd let you do what you want
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Your mom thinks of herself as your god and that she also has a divine plan for you. Tell her you aren't sure you believe she is god yet.
that sucks!!!!! idk, buy it anyway? what's she gonna do if it's ur money?

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
That's right. Just go ahead and let your mother live vicariously through you and mould you into you (read her) future career.

Stupid parents with their delusions of grandeur. No offence to you, you may be smart enough, caring enough, and dedicated enough to be a doctor. It's just people like your mother piss me off. They're worse than football/soccer mums.
i agree with opus, if you get any b-day money, save it up and use that to buy music stuff
Quote by Heafyman
"IT'S SO SMALL I DON'T NEED THE APPLICATOR! IT FITS TO MY CONTOURS!!" "YES!! MY LABIA JUST GRABS IT LIKE A BIONIC CLAW AND TRACTOR BEAMS IT IN!!"

Quote by Deliriumbassist
That's right. Just go ahead and let your mother live vicariously through you and mould you into you (read her) future career.

Stupid parents with their delusions of grandeur. No offence to you, you may be smart enough, caring enough, and dedicated enough to be a doctor. It's just people like your mother piss me off. They're worse than football/soccer mums.

It's because they try and live through their kids. Trying to get them to achieve what they couldn't.
Don't worry about it, just buy it without her knowing, and bring it home one day.
Or you could just steal it, that way you didn't buy it, and your mom can't get mad.
Or you could just talk to her about it, and tell her that it's your money and you can do what you please with your money.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
you must have sex with your mother. you have a child, therefore forcing her to marry you, meaning you become the man of the house. then you can order her to cook for you.
If you go to school to be a doctor because your mother wants you to, you'll either fail out or end up hating it. If you really love music so much, apply to a college with a good music program and run with it. As a veteran biology student, I've seen the pre-med crowd steadily dwindle since freshman year.

If you love music, then by all means pursue further education in that field; don't get stuck in a field you hate.
Tell her that it's your life and that you do not want to become a doctor.

Just keep playing, and if you can't buy music, why don't you use limewire or torrents?
Quote by Inertia//Creep
Your mom thinks of herself as your god and that she also has a divine plan for you. Tell her you aren't sure you believe she is god yet.

buy a guitar and beat her face in with it

FTW!
PeaceLoveUnityRespect
In the end, for the big things, it all comes down to making yourself happy. it sounds selfish, but it's true. and if making your mom happy will make you happy, do what she wants. if music makes you happy (probably the case), do that with your life.
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
you must have sex with your mother. you have a child, therefore forcing her to marry you, meaning you become the man of the house. then you can order her to cook for you.

Wow, sick as you may be Glen, I applaud you
Member of the Thrash Brotherhood

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct

Posts like this make me scared of the pit...
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
Quote by nevin021s
I am obsessed with my guitar. If I have a choice between anything and guitar it is always guitar. Of course i still maintain a healthy social life but still. My guitar consumes me. My mother wants me to be a doctor. She is trying to put a hold on my love for music in order to make me a doctor. She says I'm not allowed to buy music stuff ever after this next birthday. (i get a 150$ bass this birthday) I don't know how to deal with this lack of music....please help.

i am assuming your a kid so..... just wait and geta job and play your music all you want and tell your mom tgfh.
song stuck in my head today

Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct

sigged bitches
Gear:
Fender Mexican Standard Strat(Sunburst, Rosewood, Custom Shop '69 pickups)
Fender Super Champ XD
EHX Big Muff Pi
Yamaha Acoustic
Alvarez Silver Anniversary Acoustic
"DOCTOR, DOCTOR! he son needs helps!
"what seems to be the problem?"
"well he spends a lot of time playing music and he enjoys spending money to pursue his work as a musical student."
"umm... so he has a hobby?"
"yes."
"it is hurting somebody ."
"umm...err...no."
"hmm... i prescribe ten milligrams of... *cough*shecrazy*cough*"
"what are you giving him?"
"i said ten milligrams of... PIN HER DOWN! PUT HER IN THE LOONY BIN!"

is this the correct image?
Quote by rebelmidget
be a docter guitarist man

start a shock rock band and operate on your guitar for your greatest show ever! or just say bull**** and buy the damn bass
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
thanks for all the help but to clarify. I can't just do what i want when i am free. I know i want to go to college but i wouldn't have enough money to get stuff anyway. And my mom won't acknowledge the fact that it is my money ever. I am getting a job this summer at music go round and i know she will flip **** if i use any of that money towards guitar stuff. Music cds arent the problem, i can download if i need to. But i still can't stand it. If i stay in the same room as her for an hour i feel like punching a wall and then i feel like a terrible person for hating my mom....im making a concious effort to like her but the fact that she is trying to strangle hold my love for guitar and it is killing me. She is not afraid to give my guitar away to charity or something like that if she needs to and i just....UGH it sucks. She even hates my best friend just because he plays guitar too and when we hang out all we do is jam. She is always on my case about doing more sports(i run xc) but never EVER supports me playing. i just needed to vent.
Quote by Opus Pocus
Who says you're not allowed to buy stuff?
If it's your money then do as you please.

+1
Quote by Metaluptheass

Quote by Yertle

That was a wierd one... How do you detirmine how strong your "C**ck" is anyway?

If you throw a 90 mph bassball at my groin while I'm sideways, my penis can knock it out of the park.
Sit down with her and talk to her. If you're worried about her taking your guitar, hide it. Just tell her that it's your life, not hers, and that a good mother would support their son no matter what he wants to do.
Threaten to 'Go Goth.'
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
run away for a day or to to really hurt then come back home and be like are you sure about the no music thing and if she says o music for you leave again(reapeat until proper awnser)
its your life man not mine or your moms or your pet dogs. do whatever you want.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Yeah. Living vicariously. Like I said

After reading your posts I have realized what an ass I have been to both of my sons.
From this point forward I shall no longer force them to play 8-12hrs a day. I will no longer buy them guitars, basses, amps, drumkits, and all the other stuff I've been forcing upon them. I will allow them to follow their own hearts and pursue their respective dreams. Damn I hope I have not ruined them.

Ya I agree with you. My kids aren't me. They have a dream and I support it. But I still require them to hold a job and help pay the bills. Outside of that they are free to make all the noise they want.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
After reading your posts I have realized what an ass I have been to both of my sons.
From this point forward I shall no longer force them to play 8-12hrs a day. I will no longer buy them guitars, basses, amps, drumkits, and all the other stuff I've been forcing upon them. I will allow them to follow their own hearts and pursue their respective dreams. Damn I hope I have not ruined them.

Ya I agree with you. My kids aren't me. They have a dream and I support it. But I still require them to hold a job and help pay the bills. Outside of that they are free to make all the noise they want.

Supporting a child is the greatest thing a parent can do. It's just when parents try to force their kids into a specific path without taking their interests into account. Like the parents who tell their kids that they HAVE to go to uni, that they HAVE to be a doctor, lawyer etc. Parents want the best for their kids, yes. But forcing them towards certain jobs and ways of life isn't the best thing fo a kid.
^You're going to make a good Dad someday.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
To be honest, I love the idea of being a dad, I feel that it's the greatest thing I can do with my life. Unless I help cure HIV and cancer and stuff, but even then, that means I'll be bringing that child into a healthier world.

I can't wait till the time comes.
Quote by bendystraw
"DOCTOR, DOCTOR! he son needs helps!
"what seems to be the problem?"
"well he spends a lot of time playing music and he enjoys spending money to pursue his work as a musical student."
"umm... so he has a hobby?"
"yes."
"it is hurting somebody ."
"umm...err...no."
"hmm... i prescribe ten milligrams of... *cough*shecrazy*cough*"
"what are you giving him?"
"i said ten milligrams of... PIN HER DOWN! PUT HER IN THE LOONY BIN!"

is this the correct image?

x10
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Run away... Run far away. Jack Black did and now hes in Tenacious D
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
I want to be a dad too. I'm really lucky to have the family I have.

And try to talk to your mom about how you honestly enjoy music.
Who dat?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
To be honest, I love the idea of being a dad, I feel that it's the greatest thing I can do with my life. Unless I help cure HIV and cancer and stuff, but even then, that means I'll be bringing that child into a healthier world.

I can't wait till the time comes.

Just remember to duck when you change his diaper. The little fuckers can aim.

TS I have no answers for your predicament. Every parent tries to do what is in their childs best interest. Many fail. Just try to understand that there is no malevolance on her part. She loves you and is trying to do what is in her mind the best for you. Give it another year or two. Us parent types get smarter as our kids get older.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Page 1 of 2