Ok, so I'm going up to Montreal this summer with a couple buddies, and we were thinking we might like to catch a show while we were up there. I know very little about the city, and I wondered if anyone on UG knew any cool venues to look out for.

Also, if anyone familiar with that area has any tips or suggestions about where to go or what to do to have a damn good time in montreal, I'd love to hear 'em.

Thanks.
Originally posted by smf
i like my women like i like my coffee tied up in a sack over the back of a donkey
3 things

their city is beutiful and clean
Almost everyone smokes
and the people are really nice

but I dont know any venues sorry...
Quote by Tw1zzler
3 things

their city is beutiful and clean
Almost everyone smokes
and the people are really nice

but I dont know any venues sorry...

The people are really nice? We must be thinking of a different Montreal...
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
thanks.

anything else?

I've already found a couple good cliff jumping sites, so really, anything goes as far as suggestions.
Originally posted by smf
i like my women like i like my coffee tied up in a sack over the back of a donkey
Depending on when your going:
Gigantour
Monster trucks

Eat alot of Poutine and smoke meat.
Check out these venues: MEDLEY, Club Soda, Metropolis
Our pot is good.
St-Catherine street is a safe bet to find a good bar and that general area
Visit some of our gentleman's clubs, you will not be let down
Quote by willy wonka
Gigantour
Monster trucks

Our pot is good.

And hookers.
Quote by nelsonater
Ok, so I'm going up to Montreal this summer with a couple buddies, and we were thinking we might like to catch a show while we were up there. I know very little about the city, and I wondered if anyone on UG knew any cool venues to look out for.

Also, if anyone familiar with that area has any tips or suggestions about where to go or what to do to have a damn good time in montreal, I'd love to hear 'em.

Thanks.

hell yeah man! i LIVE there.

Well you have the Bell centre, thats always good for big shows like Gigantour.. Maiden... big bands and festivals like that, if you're there in the summer, you might be able to catch none other than Judas priest and the Scorpions there

but then you these 3...

Metropolis, Medley, Club Soda. theyre all located on St-Catherines street, pretty much all next to each other, always good shows, im seeing SYMPHONY X and ENSIFERUM at medley, an amazing feat for a humble club.

basically... id say that the St-Catherines street area is like... The SF bay area of Montreal, amazing metal scene, pretty cool shops surrounding it, some music stores ( watch out for STEVES MUSIC STORE)

so yeah, any questions just ask me
Quote by willy wonka
Gigantour
Monster trucks

Our pot is good.

edit : ill figure it all out. thanks for the tips so far.
Originally posted by smf
Last edited by nelsonater at Feb 6, 2008,
Quote by Rising

Well you have the Bell centre, thats always good for big shows like Gigantour.. Maiden... big bands and festivals like that, if you're there in the summer, you might be able to catch none other than Judas priest and the Scorpions there

but then you these 3...

Metropolis, Medley, Club Soda. theyre all located on St-Catherines street, pretty much all next to each other, always good shows, im seeing SYMPHONY X and ENSIFERUM at medley, an amazing feat for a humble club.

basically... id say that the St-Catherines street area is like... The SF bay area of Montreal, amazing metal scene, pretty cool shops surrounding it, some music stores ( watch out for STEVES MUSIC STORE)

thanks man, i probabaly will as we get closer to the date
Originally posted by smf
Quote by Rising

but then you these 3...

when are this shows!?!?!?!?! can you link me?
CAFE L'INCO. 100$ to rent, or if you want to go see shows, it's got punk, metal, ska and especially hardcore bands every night. Literally every hardcore or metal band playing in montreal plays here.