I have an Epi Les Paul Custom and i just cant seem to get enough mids and highs, ive played it through some different amps and i come up with the same thing.

I have stock pickups, could that be it?
If it is, i was thinking about the 57 Plus for the bridge.

Any input would help a bunch.
Thanks
the pickup change will help out and the one you suggested is one that i would too.
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
In gr.8 we got into purple nurples so much that the school would suspend anyone they saw doing it. We had really good aim.
what amps are you playing through? And what tone are you looking for?
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
Quote by dantiberian
what amps are you playing through? And what tone are you looking for?

currently, im playing threw a AD30VT, i know its nothing special, but i just cant dish out the cash for an AC30.

Im looking for a tone thats real warm, and has enoughmids and highs to cut threw if i wanted it to.
So you have used the tone knobs and it's still not enough mids and high? If you are going to get new pickups check out www.sheptone.com and http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZsheptoneQ5fguitarQ5fpickups i have stumbled upon them and they seem to be pretty sweet.
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
Those vox hybrid amps do tend to lean towards a warmer bassier tone. A pickup choice is probably your best bet, or consider an EQ pedal if you just want a boost for your upper end.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by mp5hkm
Alright, thanks all.
Ill probably just get the 57 plus.

The'57 isn't a bright pickup. It's probably not going to solve your problem. An EQ pedal would probably be your best bet. That or a really bright pickup like a Dimarzio Super 2 or something
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I agree with the above comments on trying out an EQ pedal first. A Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ can be had rather inexpensively, and without modification to the guitar. If it's STILL not what you're looking for, it's not so expensive that it knocks new pickups out of the ballpark either.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I could pick up a 57 plus for 50 bucks off my buddy that didnt even use it.
So do you think i should try the EQ or the pickup?
Read the comments. You've got 4 people that say try the EQ route. If it doesn't work, return it and buy the pickup.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Read the comments. You've got 4 people that say try the EQ route. If it doesn't work, return it and buy the pickup.

ahah yeah, you can never have to many opinions. ill try the EQ then.
Try cutting some of the bass out on the amp...

Ive tried this already.