ok my friend wants to buy a new guitar...she's been playing a little while for the guitar course in school, but now she wants her own guitar...what guitar hsould she get as a first guitar

price ranges from 100$ to 250$ Canadian..

Must have a cutaway on the bottom, and optional at the top

Must be of good brand...not some bad cheap brand..but something like epiphone...

Must have like...the wood of the guitar must be wood, but with a plastic cover...like not too much of a raw wood texture...or too much of a plastic texture (like Yamaha's) but in between

good intonation, and overall endurance, cool colours, electric acoustic/acoustic both are fine

waht are some good brands and models to look into?
Anyone play gunbound? then add johnny93

....you must tap into: THE FORCE!
....or: THE FORCE! will leave you
....then, you will no longer have: THE FORCE!
epiphone av100 ive had it for 4 yrs...still good...got it for 175
Art & Lutherie Cedar CW. $250 canadian i believe. both me and my friend agree that it definitely sounds better than his $350 takamine.

It has a cutaway and a satin finish, meaning that the body is not plasticky. however, it will scratch quite easily, but that's not really a big deal. it wont break from scratches. the sides and back are laminate cherry wood and the top is Cedar, but you can get it in a Spruce model too.

It's canadian made so you support the canadian economy, and has very good build quality. the prices are also pretty cheap because they're canadian made and dont need to be imported into the country. It'll easily outshine almost ALL guitars in it's price range including Epiphone, takamine and ovation.

It comes in all sorts of colours like blue, black, sunrise, antique burst, and natural. theres more colour, but i just cant think of them.

PS - acoustic guitars do not come with top cutaways. that is extremely rare.
Quote by captivate
Art & Lutherie Cedar CW. $250 canadian i believe. both me and my friend agree that it definitely sounds better than his $350 takamine.

It has a cutaway and a satin finish, meaning that the body is not plasticky. however, it will scratch quite easily, but that's not really a big deal. it wont break from scratches. the sides and back are laminate cherry wood and the top is Cedar, but you can get it in a Spruce model too.

It's canadian made so you support the canadian economy, and has very good build quality. the prices are also pretty cheap because they're canadian made and dont need to be imported into the country. It'll easily outshine almost ALL guitars in it's price range including Epiphone, takamine and ovation.

It comes in all sorts of colours like blue, black, sunrise, antique burst, and natural. theres more colour, but i just cant think of them.

PS - acoustic guitars do not come with top cutaways. that is extremely rare.

I agree, we sell Takamine, Yamaha, Dean, Fender, Seagull, and A&L. The A&L guitar offers huge bang for the buck. You will be hard presssed to find a better built guitar at the price. Plus the Art & Lutherie guitar has a deep rich open tone. We sell quite a few, I think you cant go wrong with it. If you want a cutaway guitar, than you should conciter looking at a Seagull. Also made by Godin right there in Canada, they are super nice as well.