I have a job interview tomorrow, so I was just wondering what kind of clothes I should wear?

Also, I don't mean to be rude, but I'm hoping just the people who have had successful job interviews reply.

Also, do you think blue jeans are bad? Not super baggy cargo blue jeans, just your regular levis.
If you're male, you should probably wear a nice button-down shirt with dress pants and nice shoes. Try to look professional without overdoing it.
Color
is
subjective.
Depends on the job
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO
I just have a casual-looking shirt that I roll up the sleeves on and have a T-shirt under. That and jeans will be perfectly fine.
I'm a communist. Really.
A collared shirt and jeans is fine. That's what I wore and when my interviewer had to leave the room for a minute I took a peek at the piece of paper he was writing on. Turns out it was a checklist and I got a check under "good appearance".
I would wear khaki pants or black pants, a short sleeve polo, or even a long, white, button up shirt, probably nice shoes. Unless it's a big corporation, it doesn't need to be suit and tie, just nice enough to let them know that you actually want the job.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Last edited by brandon369852 at Feb 5, 2008,
I'd go with some khakis and a button down shirt. It depends what kind of job it is.

Also, don't wear sneakers.
acid washed jeans and a Bon Jovi shirt

who could say no to that?
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.

maybe solid black vs white n blue stripes though.
not overdressed.
the game
where jeans that fit, not baggy xxxxxxxl jeans that make u look hip hop

and just a collared shirt, depends on what job it is

if it's Macdonald's just go in ur jammies, theyre too desperate that they'll hire anyone
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
go in the most bumish stuff u got
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
It depends. As a good guide, you should wear something similar to what you'd actually wear on the job. If you're applying at a decent supermarket, a shirt and tie would be good, but if it's just a fast food job, I wouldn't worry as much.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by The Madcap
I have a job interview tomorrow, so I was just wondering what kind of clothes I should wear?

Also, I don't mean to be rude, but I'm hoping just the people who have had successful job interviews reply.

Also, do you think blue jeans are bad? Not super baggy cargo blue jeans, just your regular levis.

...If it's a "highschool" job, I think you're taking this a little too far. Your threads make it seem like you're applying for a senior position within a well known company.
well, i went naked to my first job interview, and they accepted. With open arms, even. I started the next day.

Oh wait.... that was for being a male stripper. You might not wanna go naked for whatever you're trying to do.

All jokes aside, i really dont think jeans would matter. it really depends on what kind of job youre trying to get. if its like mcdonalds or some other similar restaurant, they really wont care.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Quote by Archaon
...If it's a "highschool" job, I think you're taking this a little too far. Your threads make it seem like you're applying for a senior position within a well known company.
I might be taking it too far, but it's just that I really need this job. I've wanted jobs and applied before, but this time I really need to get one.
I work in retail at Oakley and am in high school too. When I went in for my interview, I just wore some brown corduroys, brown checkered vans and a trendy sweater with the sleeves pushed up I got from Pacsun.

What you want to do is look classy, but not so classy that it looks like you OBVIOUSLY dressed up for the interview. It's a lot more impressive when someone looks like they look well kept on a daily basis than just when they want something.
HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY YOUUUU GUYYYYYYSSSS
at my last job interview i wore my clerical shirt and collar
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

If it's a two step process I usually just go for the 1st process in jeans and a polo shirt. Then the second inteveiw I wear my black button up shirt with a cream coloured tie. I also wear black dress pants. It looks really nice - only have these clothes because my formal was late last year.
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
depend where i guess. i had one at goodwill and i wore some slim fit jeans (not super tight) and a collared like polo kinda thing. i got the job so... i guess it was alright. hah
Honestly, I've gone to all my job interviews in jeans, a t-shirt, and depending on the weather - a zip-up hoody. I've gotten all the jobs I ever applied for, and most of them I got on the spot.

Don't look like crap is all. Make sure those clothes are clean.
i applied for my job in an old metallica t-shirt and some baggy jeans and i got the job on the spot. it was mcdonald's, but still.
Quote by The Madcap
Just a first job at a movie theatre.

I worked at a movie theatre for a year. Fun times, but the pay and hours really sucked.

As for interview attire, I would recommend anything dress pants, and any shirt with a collar (dress shirt, polo shirt, ect.)

Iceman Edit:
Quote by SilentDeftone
One step above what typical dress is for that business.

So if they're wearing jeans, go business casual.

-SD

That might not work for a theatre. When I worked at one we wore this:
(Entry level people wore the cumberbund and suspenders, Team Leaders wore the vests)
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Last edited by iceman_8319 at Feb 6, 2008,
Well, I made it through with khakis and a long- sleeved, nicer shirt. While appearance helps impression, they know you'll be wearing a uniform, or following a dress code should they employ you, so it certainly isn't everything.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Quote by The Madcap

i just quit my last job, but ive had 4.

I wear a plain black T-Shirt and jeans to every interview and ive never been turned down. If you have long hair, as I do, just comb it completely back. If its long enough, put it inside your shirt in the back.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Depends on the job you are applying for.

Try something casual, Clapton Style: White shirt, blue (s XD) jeans and a sport jacket should fit, with assorted shoes.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by JeanMi36
Depends on the job you are applying for.

Try something casual, Clapton Style: White shirt, blue (s XD) jeans and a sport jacket should fit, with assorted shoes.

Clapton style? More like 50% of the population of the world-style.

I thought Clapton style was strutting around wearing a trench coat and smoking cigarettes.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Clapton style? More like 50% of the population of the world-style.

I thought Clapton style was strutting around wearing a trench coat and smoking cigarettes.

Shh :p

Yeah, should have called that a "Urban style", I'm sorry :p
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!