I have not changed the Strings on my SZ since I bought it in november/december .... im thinking its time to change them because the guitar sounds kinda dull -

I was thinking either 9's or 10's Ernie Bell , Elixer , or D'addorio -

anyone know what comes standard on an SZ? D'addario 10's?

have any recommendations ? and anything I should know about restringing the SZ - so its a smooth operation
There's no problems with restringing the SZ... well, the 720 anyways.

Real easy-going, simple...
Like usual, don't strip the bolts on the bridge if you're going to adjust them...

I think they come with D'addario 9's though.
I could be wrong.
What kind do you have?
Quote by Fryer Mike
There's no problems with restringing the SZ... well, the 720 anyways.

Real easy-going, simple...
Like usual, don't strip the bolts on the bridge if you're going to adjust them...

I think they come with D'addario 9's though.
I could be wrong.
What kind do you have?

On the SZ520 they are 9's they come with.

Very easy to restring, about as simple as it gets really.
SZ's come stock with D'Addario 9's. i personally feel they are too light for the shorter 25.1" scale so i step up to D'Addario 10's and they play great. been using them since i got both mine back in 2003/2004
thanks ! ... if it comes stock with 9's that might just be my preference... kinda like how it feels , though 1st fret kinda blows with 9's. Has anyone tried Elixers? Eernie Bell? or just Stick with the D's

oh and do I have to unscrew anything on the bridge or something? Which way to I put the strings through the string - through body
Quote by GoldenTrees
thanks ! ... if it comes stock with 9's that might just be my preference... kinda like how it feels , though 1st fret kinda blows with 9's. Has anyone tried Elixers? Eernie Bell? or just Stick with the D's

oh and do I have to unscrew anything on the bridge or something? Which way to I put the strings through the string - through body

I've played the 720 with a set of Ernie Ball 10s.

I hope you're talking Ernie Balls...
But yeah, they sounded great.
Ive tried just about every string company out there, and ive always come back to D'Addario! and no theres nothing to unscrew. just take the string off like normal. and you wanna run the strings from the back to the front when you put the new ones on. good luck!
thanks do I need to put them in the Tuner Pegs clock wise or anti clock wise for the right side....read that somewhere ....

YEAH i was thinking of staying with D'addario - They sound really quite dull right now but they lasted nicely. Hopping a new set will sound nice...

dunno what gauge tho...You said 9 come stock on SZ?
Yes, looking at the guitar from the front, the ones on the right go around the pegs in the opposite direction.

Btw, are you guys sure they come with 9's? I could have swore my 320 came with 10's. :stickpoke