hey guys,

not really sure which forum this would go under... so i'll just ask it here

are there any songs/what songs have a metal guitar (or, guitar with distortion) with violin?
so i guess it could be: guitar as rhythm, and violin as lead/replacing the lead guitar

any song suggestions?

thanks!
Hmm, not metal..
But Yellowcard use a Violin on every song they write. (I think every song anyway)
Also not metal but Tonight, Tonight (by the Smashing Pumpkins) has a backing orchestra.
Not certain on all the instruments though but I know there's some violin in there.
Oh yeah, another day, Oh yeah, gotta play,
What it is, it never was, I don't care to give enough,
My boredom has outshined the sun, It's all down low,
I just want to have some, Little fun

-Plume, Smashing Pumpkins
oh don't know if anyone would know, but i went to watch Cloverfield, and in one of the previews, they had a song/riff with guitar (with distortion) doing chords/rhythm guitar, with a violin (or maybe some? hard to tell if there was more than one violin)

would anyone happen to know what song it is or at least which trailer it was in?
ummm..
When You Love a Woman by Journey is a slow song
that has guitar and strings(not sure if its violin)
and i think the strings also have like a 6 sec solo(not sure)
Quote by mushy_eyes
hey guys,

not really sure which forum this would go under... so i'll just ask it here

are there any songs/what songs have a metal guitar (or, guitar with distortion) with violin?
so i guess it could be: guitar as rhythm, and violin as lead/replacing the lead guitar

any song suggestions?

thanks!
check out Trans Siberian Orchestra & Therion
Lots of songs by Kansas - they had a violin (Bobby Steinhardt I believe) as a regular part of their lineup for most of their existance. Song for America, Point of Know Return, Magnum Opus are a few of theirs off the top of my head that featured the violin prominently.

"The Sons of Anu" off Black Utopia by Derek Sherinian has a wild duel between Al DiMeola on electric guitar and Jerry Goodman on electric violin.
Quote by Orbit91
Dazed and Confused by Led Zeppelin.

No, Page uses a violin bow to play his guitar with. There's no violin in it.

But try....
Bob Dylan- Hurricane
Alice In Chains- I Stay Away
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
To Live is To Die, Something in the Way
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
thanks for all the suggestions, guys!

so far, i'm really lovin Therion (Son of the Sun, The Rise Sodom and Gomorrah, and Birth of Venus Illegitima)
My noob gear :
Jackson DKMG
Epiphone G-400
Ibanez GSR200
POS drum set + better cymbals/hardware lol
Akai MPK49
Boss GT-6
Crate BT-50
E-MU 0404 Audio Interface
MXL 990 Condenser Microphone
The Halo 2 theme? It's got distorted guitar and violin. I like Harglaten(sp) its an In Flames cover of a folk song off of the Lunar Strain album the violin and the guitar play in harmony. kinda slow but its fun to play.
Gear
Caparison Horus HGS
B.C. Rich Beast NJ Series
Alhambra 7FS
BOSS GT-8
Peavey Valve King 212
Quote by Rock1986
No, Page uses a violin bow to play his guitar with. There's no violin in it.

But try....
Bob Dylan- Hurricane
Alice In Chains- I Stay Away

I was joking, glad you got it.
Go into the Metal Recommendations thread in the Metal forum and look at the Folk Metal bands.

Pretty much all of them will have Violin/Guitar stuff
I think all of My Dying Bride'salbums up until after Like Gods Of The Sun have Violin, and being a metal band they of course have metal guitars as well. A Kiss To Remember from Like Gods Of The Sun is a pretty good example.
Afterlife by avenged sevenfold
also that song has one of the best solos i've ever heard
Well, if you like classical music and opera style singing, then a band called Therion would be a great match. They use the whole sh'bang when it comes to stringed instruments.