Hey guys! Me and my band have just started playing...

Its me on guitar and oneo ther guy on guitar and we have a drummer...the other guitar player will use lower frequincies to cover the missing bass sound...

We are a metal band...and we need some good ideas for good covers...Im not great at soloing so if we could get suggestions with minimal solos...or easy solos...

thanks!

We are all intermediate to advanced players btw
any sabbath song
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Not to sound like a jerk but how can you consider yourself intermediate to advanced if you don't know how to solo? I mean I'm not saying you should play like Jeff Loomis but, seriously if you can't solo i'm sorry but your not close to advanced and might only be just crossing the line into the intermediate level at most. Anyway, just so is clear I don't mean to insult you or anything like that, just pointing something out. Good luck with your band anyways!
umm....I said im not great at solos...that doesnt mean i dont know how to...I do but im not great at it....that was a pointless post it didnt help with what i needed....
Ok then how bout this post:

Try something like..........some band that you like, I mean it really just depends on what you listen to because if i was to give you a suggestion you might not like the band, so maybe if you could elaborate a little more, what styles, or what bands you listen to, you know? then maybe i could help.
What sort of metal? I mean if you're into progressive metal, a post recommending Korpiklaani or Metallica or whatever wouldn't do much good.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
If you are intermediate or advanced, you might want to try Master of Puppets by Metallica. Or just give Erotomania by Dream Theater a try. It's pretty easy actually.
Your Gonna struggle without a bassist, but anyways.

Rain By Trivium has no solos.

All Slipknot bar three songs has no solos and is fun as hell.

Imperium by Machine Head if you can do harmonics.

But FFS, get a bass player.
Quote by RavenKlown
umm....I said im not great at solos...that doesnt mean i dont know how to...I do but im not great at it....that was a pointless post it didnt help with what i needed....

Yes it does. If you aren't good at something that means you don't know how to do it correctly.

Anyway.. there are 2000 sub genres of metal.. which do you desire?