Hey guys, for some reason I keep hearing around here that Fade to Black is a beginners song and people learn it like after a few months?

Sorry but for some reason I can't see it. Sure the beginning solo isnt too hard (except for the fast sweeping lick), but the main acoustic part of the song isn't totally easy (even though I think I have it down now), and the end solo is definitely killing me right now. I've been playing for a year now and I still can't come close to playing the end solo fluidly and at the right speed (hell I seriously found One and Master of Puppets easier than this, no joke).

Do I suck or is this song really not as "beginner" as its billed. Also any tips on playing this better I'd surely appreciate, thanks
My Gear:

Schecter Gryphon Ruby Red

Dunlop Original Crybaby
Jekyll and Hyde Ultimate Overdrive

Laney LC50
Vox AD15VT Valvetronix

My Youtube Channel, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSnake77
The end solo is hard, but the main acoustic I actually found rather easy and picked it up within a few months.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
To get the verse part just practice the chords first, I had trouble with that part too (even more than the solo). If you know your pentatonics the last solo is easy and fun.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
The last solo sounds much harder than it is. Keep practicing. It's still a pretty good solo, so it doesn't mean you're a noob.
The end solo isn't actually that hard, I learned it by ear when I was a total noob. It sounds fast, but he's just going up and down the minor scale, nothing too fancy. It's probably Kirk's best solo, too. I highly recommend working at it until you have it nailed. Even though I learned it a long time ago, it's easily my favorite solo to play.
Quote by CowboyUp
The end solo isn't actually that hard, I learned it by ear when I was a total noob. It sounds fast, but he's just going up and down the minor scale, nothing too fancy. It's probably Kirk's best solo, too. I highly recommend working at it until you have it nailed. Even though I learned it a long time ago, it's easily my favorite solo to play.

It sounds really good though.
keep practise you can do it finally
the begining solo is easy though effect is very important
the accoustic parts are just chords learn the chords shapes and your are done
but the final solo is little hard due to timing especially
keep playing with the song lots of time you can correct yourself on the hard parts step by step

p.s : in my opinion the meaning of hard song is something like tender surrender by vai
cant even get close to playing it