I've tried MANY different picks, trying to find the best one that works for me and my playing of metal (In Flames, Soilwork, Sonic Syndicate, and the not-so-well known Embers Arise, Swedish death/melodic metal type stuff). After a LONG search, I've finally found a pick that really helps me shred the strings (the purple semi-transparent stubby/teardrop shaped jazz picks). I'm sure most of you know how this feels when you've finally found THE pick that works for you. Now my problem is that after playing for a bit, my hands get sweaty, and the pick starts slipping in my fingers, and screws me up not to mention really pisses me off. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Get a rosin bag?

Scratch up the pick?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
super glue the pick to ur index finger?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I know a dude who uses a lighter and melts the part of the pick you hold to create a grip, works for him.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Take an old soldering iron, it doesn't have to work well it just has to get hot enough to melt plastic.

Then with the tip melt big hole right in the center. then take a pair of piers and rip off the melted plastic that clumped up on the sides of your newly created hole.

It's a poor man's version of that overpriced star pick gimmick. It works better in my opinion as well.
Quote by kaplac

It's a poor man's version of that overpriced star pick gimmick. It works better in my opinion as well.

Hey, I play those overpriced Everly Stars
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
stop sweating.

or just make a hole.
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Mesa lonestar [prolly trade my DR for it]
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
Stephen Designs '59 pups [waiting for them to come]