Hey all..

Would a digital FX board (GNX3000) sound like **** coming through a Vox AD100VTH Half stack?
Last edited by mikel833 at Feb 6, 2008,
Quote by mikel833
Hey all..

Would a digital FX board (GNX3000) sound like **** coming through a Vox AD100VTH Half stack?

I have that same pedal and it sounds amazing through my practice amp, so I would imagine it will sound good coming out of a halfstack?
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
not necessarily. An SS practice amp generally does not have a unique or interesting tonal quality or voice to it, so when it takes something like a gnx3, it can sound great.

The AD100VT head is carefully voiced, and its models are designed to mimic the voicings of other famous amps. If you send your GNX3 through a modeled amp, it might come out the other end sounding like crap. However, if you can make them play nice with each other, as in, turning off one side's distortion in favor of the other, or carefully blending them, you can come up with a unique and interesting sound.
hmm.. sounds like too much work involved.. I should probably consider something else to go along with my GNX3...
Last edited by mikel833 at Feb 6, 2008,
Its either going to be really good or really bad, give it a test run before you commit
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
I run my multi-fx (Korg Ax3000g) straight through a mixer, and it sounds awesome. Try running it through a regular stereo or straight to your computer. You might be surprised.
If you're considering the ad100vth then you probably won't play metal?
A good amp in that pricerange is the Classic 30, which in my experience takes pedals well.