so i have had this ddadrio strings for 3 weeks
when i strang the guitar i set up the inotation perfectly

now i have to constantly keep adjusting the inotation,

im not sure if its cause the strings stretched or something
and by the way, its not a saddle problem

and me G and high E string, are too sharp at the 12th fret.. and i cant move the saddle any further cause thats just as far as it goes.

im using an epihone sg 400
Hmm...that's weird. Do you switch between tunnings very often?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Did you change string gauge? Gradually the heavier or lighter strings may be bending the neck and changing the intonation. Ive had this problem before, the intonation kept changing.
That's weird about the high e string... usually its saddle is farthest away.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by To The End
yes i use drop C, drop D and standard tunning

That is probably a major factor. A different intonation is needed for every different tunning. If you set it up for standard then it will be off in any other tunnings.

The string gauge might also have something to do with it but i really thing this would be the main thing affecting it.

well i remember when i was putting on the strings, i started from highest to lowest.. and i adjust the inotation as i strang each string.
when i put on the G string i check the inotation of the previous strings and it was good.. when i got to the A string i check the inotation of the previous strings once again and they where all slighty too sharp
Last edited by To The End at Feb 6, 2008,
Quote by To The End
yes i use drop C, drop D and standard tunning

that's the problem you can't be properly intonated in both tunings at the same time
Quote by To The End
well i remember when i was putting on the strings, i started from highest to lowest.. and i adjust the inotation as i strang each string.
when i put on the G string i check the inotation of the previous strings and it was good.. when i got to the A string i check the inotation of the previous strings once again and they where all slighty too sharp

ur supposed to check the intonation with every string u've set up.

Tune all the strings and make sure they're all in tune. fix the intonation for the low e, then retune. fix intonation for a string and retune...and so on until ur done.